Adam’s T5.1 GP

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Re: Adam’s T5.1 GP

Post by CNK »

Adam87 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm Bought from eBay and I bough a few patches from Poland a year or so a go and still have a few left.... maybe for the next revisions [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Hello, could you tell me where do you bought patches to DM?
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

Adam87 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:38 pm
Bizmo wrote: Following this with interest, from what I see you are modifying the existing fan box by adding a new motor and new fan controller and then adding a new loom.

Is there more to this?
Yes that is pretty much it, no need to change the complete fan box, it saves refilling and recharging the coolant and AC systems
Think I have all the bits for this now,

So far I have I have

Motor
Mount for motor
2x thermostat
Blower motor
Flesh air sensor
Sun sensor
Control panel
Wires and attachments

Do I need to replace the actual box the motor is screwed on to, not sure if it needs something different to direct air differently to the two sides? I see from the pictures you have two or do you think it will fit to the one I already have? I wanted to make sure before it’s out and I have the van in bits!

I see it as part 8 in this diagram, its as part 7L0 819 352 with or without a 'b' suffix. (part 1 is the same on all versions)

Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

If anyone is following along, yes you do need to change the air box :)

New one on its way to me for the next step
Adam87
Bronze Member
Drives: T5.2

Post by Adam87 »

Bizmo wrote:If anyone is following along, yes you do need to change the air box :)

New one on its way to me for the next step
Sorry I didn’t notice your previous message. Yes the top platt with the 2 flaps in needs replacing to allow for individual adjustment, but that along with the fan are the only things that need changing on the air box .

Anyway, glad you manage to get it sorted, I find the Climatronic system a lot better
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

That’s ok, is all installed and working!

The system I got as a donor turned out to be from a LHD vehicle so had to put the two together to get it to work but got there in the end!

The only error is the position sensor on the recirculating flap doesn’t calibrate and shows a short to it, it didn’t have the wiring for the position sensor before, doesn’t show any short on a continuity tester and seems to report back the position ok to VCDS so guessing it it all ok. Is messing with me seeing a red line on the autoscan though so might have to source a new one!
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

Ah yes sorry, now you mention it, I have remembered. I swapped the recirc flap motor because the original one was a few pins short of the new one (to know it’s position) as it can sit between recirc and fresh air but the original is either or
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

Ah right, ran the cables but didn’t think to look at the pins! EDIT: realised I had one already!

Image 8)

I note the work on your cluster, did you do a straight swap, reason I ask was I was trying to figure out if we could unlock the convenience menu now we have the BCM max option to be able to turn on and off some options, reset TPMS etc. Guessing this would be a software update or editing of the EEPROM?

Must finish this camper conversion at some point.... :wink:
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

Very interesting work Fernando, can I ask what the ‘Profile’ menu does? And have you managed to get CH/LH menu? The 1st picture won’t show for some reason.
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

Same on my system, I’ve had it previously on a mk6 golf and a scirocco and my brother has it on his cc.

EDIT: I don’t have the TPMS menu option either but guessing that’s due to your direct TPMS?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Adam87 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:10 pm Very interesting work Fernando, can I ask what the ‘Profile’ menu does? And have you managed to get CH/LH menu? The 1st picture won’t show for some reason.
I don't know for what is used the Profile menu. Selecting it opens another menu to choose ON/OFF.
Unfortunately I didn't get any new menu, "car menu source" not available.
Maybe now you can visualize the first picture, it's just an example.

Bizmo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:17 pm http://i.imgur.com/jBYgyve.jpg

Same on my system, I’ve had it previously on a mk6 golf and a scirocco and my brother has it on his cc.

EDIT: I don’t have the TPMS menu option either but guessing that’s due to your direct TPMS?
I also had those menus in other cars of VW group, but they were all from a higher level platform.
Yes, the Tyre pressure menu is due to the installation of the TPM system. It appears when installing it.
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

Thanks Fernando, I’ll give it a go sometime when I take my cluster out and see if it makes any difference as mine has SW 1*** which seems to be sticking point for a few mods

I know it’s not much of a clue....but somethings coming [emoji16]
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hmm ... maybe it's something related to the temperatures :?: ... please, don't tell me what it is :lol:, I prefer to see it once installed and working in your T5. :wink:

---
Hmm2... spray nozzle heated (auto) for windscreen. :?: :lol:
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

I know how you like the guessing game Fernando :lol:

Hmm = no
Hmm2= no

I’m pretty sure it’s something you will do.

Just waiting on the boat from China now :lol:
Bizmo
Getting There!

Post by Bizmo »

I did the heated nozzles at the same time as the Climatronic, was only a couple more wires so very straight forward, will wait to see if they make any difference in the winter!