MODIFICATIONS R-Line 1.2 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Squash
New
Drives: 2014 VW POLO R-Line 1.2 TSI

MODIFICATIONS R-Line 1.2 TSI

Post by Squash »

I recently bought at 2014 1.2 TSI R-Line and started to think about modifying it. :D I was thinking of Wheels, Springs, Exhaust, Blow off Valve and an induction kit. Could you link parts that you have used, Cheaper good alternatives or parts what work well. It would be much appreciated :D

Squash
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: MODIFICATIONS R-Line 1.2 TSI

Post by iichel »

I don't think any of the parts you mention are being cheap
Squash
New
Drives: 2014 VW POLO R-Line 1.2 TSI

Post by Squash »

I’m not saying that I want them cheap but good quality at a good price
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Wheels, springs and exhaust are good things to have and if you modify them carefully after proper research and deciding what you want to achieve you can change the character of your car, not necessarily improve but certainly change.

Induction kits and blow off valves are invariably a waste of money performance wise but they can look a bit different and make extra noise which is handy if you wish to draw attention to yourself. If you do go down the induction route be sure you feed cold air from outside. A filter that dangles limply under the bonnet may speed warm up but it will reduce power whilst using more fuel.

The real key though is will the modifications make you feel happier and if you need it give you Street cred, if the answer is yes then forget the practicalities and go for it.

Try to get the optimum wheel size, too much rubber will slow you down and ruin handling balance although it might improve road holding. Too wide a wheel may mean contact with body or suspension parts which is not good. Too low a ride hight can prove to be both dangerous and expensive.

Decide what you want to achieve, research it then research it again.

Best of luck, modifing cars can be great fun but done badly it will be an absolute nightmare.