2016 1.2 TSI noisy high pressure fuel pump.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ramseyman
New
Drives: !.2 TSI SE

2016 1.2 TSI noisy high pressure fuel pump.

Post by Ramseyman »

When I took my car, Polo Match 2016 1.2 TSI EA211, for servicing I asked the technician about the engine being very "clattery" at lower revs. Apparently it is the high pressure fuel pump which is operated from the camshaft, the noise reverberating through the valve gear housing. The technician dismissed this as not being a problem but it's getting worse as time goes by. My previous Polo with the same engine did not exhibit this problem, so it must be a bit hit and miss as to whether the noise manifests itself.
Has anyone had this issue sorted out by VW ?
Bich1370
New
Drives: 1.2 TSi 2017

Re: 2016 1.2 TSI noisy high pressure fuel pump.

Post by Bich1370 »

I too have a 2017 1.2 90 BHP tsi VW polo with a very deep and solid sound heard clearly on tick over. VW say it’s normal on polo and it relates to the high pressure fuel pump. Sound bites were sent to VW and again the insist it’s normal. The car has don less than 3000 miles.

We have listened to two other identical models and you can hear a light ticking sound at low revs and I am happy that is normal and indeed high pressure fuel pump but the sound on mine whilst being similar in rythem it is a more solid and deeper sound.

Once again VW say it’s normal and not to change the fuel pump.

Any views as I seem to be stone walled by VW although the dealers is being helpful.