Amarok Oem Bixenon retrofit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
georgenis
Getting There!
Drives: Amarok

Amarok Oem Bixenon retrofit

Post by georgenis »

Hello. I want to retrofit Oem bixenon headlights with led drl to my 2013 Amarok Singlecab. The Singlecab are basis versions. The car have 6R7937086M Bcm. Is manufactured 08/2012.
When mounting the headlights, (the connectors are the same T10), the main beam, high beam, turn signals, and manual leveling (there are no autoleveling at this model) works. The only problem is the Drl and sidelights not working. My car came with 8K0 (without specialheadlight activation) and 8K1 (separate daylight running lights) PR codes. The Drl come directly from the light switch.
I tried to put a 7H0937090D Bcm but it didn't work, it was not communicating with my instrument cluster, so I send it back. I have mounted the wires from headlights pin 10 to the bcm pin 5,6, but the leds were working at half power and only with DRL on (nothing on sidelights and main beam). Later I have found on this forum Ciclo informations about changing the BCM Max to a low level car.
I have fitted the wirings for Cruise Control and MFD Clusters. I have mounted a Multifunction Steering Wheel, and it is working with my current BCM, lights, Audio volume, Mute.
Now I want to know if the headights will work with 090D BCM Max, with my current headlights wiring (17pin connector) or I need to change the wiring for the 9pin Auto headlights.
The options I have is to change my current Bcm with 087 one, so the Cruise control and MFD cluster works and make the DRL led working with a electronic scheme with diodes, relays etc), or change to 090D BCM (I don't know how much wiring modifications have to be done so the Led will work properly).
Thank You!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Amarok Oem Bixenon retrofit

Post by ciclo »

Welcome again.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=62&p=530067#p530067

Wait, please be patient, thanks, I'm checking the WD from your Amarok (MY)...
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

I have changed the front of the car with 2017 facelift. I have yet to change the grille and the Vw badge. The foglights connectors must be changed.
I have also retrofitted front, rear Park distance control (OPS is working with my RNS 315).
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

I have the electrical wiring of my car. It is from Vw service special for my car.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LD1nu ... GEDACyyU7P
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Looks very nice your Amarok with the new front bumper. 8)

Ok, all the electrical installation so that your Bixenon headlights -and all the lights- work correctly in your Amarok is solved in my mind.

- You have to install a BCM 7H0937090D (recommended) or higher with the correct wiring/wires. It's easy and I'll explain it step by step.
The communication problem with the instrument cluster (IC) when you installed the 7H0 BCM Max is solved with the installation of a new CAN line. (easy, two twisted wires)

- It is not necessary to install the wiring for the automatic lights with the 10-pin connector, your bixenon headlights will work perfectly with the 17-pin light switch connector.

Well, if your Amarok was manufactured on 08/2012 the diagrams of the basic equipment that you show us are not the correct ones. From June 2012 to January 2013 there are other diagrams for the Amarok. :)
To get rid of doubts, you have to show us two images from the 17-pin light switch connector -both sides- to clearly see the wires that reach it, both by color and thickness.
It would also be very interesting if you took two pictures of the places where the BCM and Relays carrier/holder are installed in your/the Amarok (as you have seen for T5). Also from the dashboard (general view) with your MFSW, Light switch, etc.
I have this information in my elsawin, but it is better to see the real images, ...due to same reason as for light switch connector.

A VCDS autoscan with your current 086 BCM is necessary to correctly code your new BCM Max.
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

My Amarok is build in Germany, maybe the diagram fron is that from 2013 (in 2012 they started assembly in Germany, normally they were build in Argentina).
I will make the photos tomorrow.
Last edited by georgenis on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok, Perfect! with the photos we will leave doubts. :wink:
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

Can You tell me what 090D bcm I should buy? There are many versions with different PR codes.
My headlights are with 4G0907697G led modules. They were new.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

georgenis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:14 pm Can You tell me what 090D bcm I should buy? There are many versions with different PR codes.
With the PR code it's only possible to buy it from a VW dealer or have all the information of the donor vehicle (something extremely difficult to know if you buy it second-hand).

If you buy a new BCM at the VW dealer it's best to buy the best one, the prices are very similar among all the possible ones.
(as long as these improvements are made)

Therefore, the best one at this moment for the/your Amarok is:

7E0937090C ZKK ... (434 MHz, rear fog light, and a large number of functions for possible improvements :)).

georgenis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:14 pm My headlights are with 4G0907697G led modules. They were new.
Can you please tell us where you bought your new Bixenon headlights?
Maybe we should tell the seller to stop selling those Bixenon headlights for the Amarok with those modules for the daytime running light.

The ETKA doesn't contemplate in any case -from 2013 to 2019, in the whole world- the 4G0907697G for the Amarok, they must be the 4G0907697F.

Maybe the Gs can work correctly with the 7E0 BCMs but it's something I do not know for Amarok.

We already talked about this issue here in the forum because of problems with these G modules in the Amarok, however the BCM that was installed in those moments was a 7H0 ... D.
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

The 4G0907697G modue are also in Golf 7 Bixenon Led Afs headlights (I'm sure of that because I have changed one in my car). Maybe You can compare the wiring to see if they will work. I don't want to invest much money in something that will not work for sure. If I buy the BCM, I cannot return it. Second-hand I didn't find it.
The newest BCM will work with my "Climatic" air conditionning?
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

I have taken the photos. The BCM is a little hiden, on the lateral of left side pillar. The part nummer of cruise control/signal lever is 6Q0953513AM9B9
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (13).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (9).jpg
unnamed (8).jpg
unnamed (10).jpg
unnamed (12).jpg
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thank you very much for all these images.
georgenis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 am I have the electrical wiring of my car. It is from Vw service special for my car.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LD1nu ... GEDACyyU7P
To summarize and as I mentioned, those diagrams are not correct for your Amarok.
- T17 connector reveals that your Amarok is prior to January 2013.
- Your fuse box is 72 positions/fuses -June 2012 to January 2013-. From January 2013 the fuse box is 68 positions/fuses.

georgenis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:24 am The 4G0907697G modue are also in Golf 7 Bixenon Led Afs headlights (I'm sure of that because I have changed one in my car). Maybe You can compare the wiring to see if they will work. I don't want to invest much money in something that will not work for sure. If I buy the BCM, I cannot return it. Second-hand I didn't find it.
The newest BCM will work with my "Climatic" air conditionning?
Well, I have researched a little more thoroughly and the F and G modules for DRLs are interchangeable. It was hard to find it.
I apologize for my comments about it ... :oops: ( Image )

Yes, your Climatic will work with the newest BCM.

---
Off topic.
invest: to put money, effort, time, 'etc'. into something to make a profit or get an advantage.

I have many parts that I'd like to return.Image
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

The "profit" is my comfort. :D
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

the biggest profit is the ability to learn 8)
georgenis
Getting There!

Post by georgenis »

7E0937090B will work? It must be special for Amarok? Because most of them are from T5/T6.
Last edited by georgenis on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.