Mayan Blue... Opinions?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
R111RWD
New

Mayan Blue... Opinions?

Post by R111RWD »

Hello everyone,

After nearly 5 years after selling my last Polo I am now looking at buying another one! I have seen a really nice 2015 Mayan Blue Polo at my local VW garage with knight alloys. I really like it, but there is something niggling me thinking the colour is meant for women...

Whats everyones opinion this colour and is it what i'd call 'feminine'? Every car I have had has been either grey or white so this would be a step into the unknown!

Thanks everyone
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Mayan Blue... Opinions?

Post by RUM4MO »

I don't know the answer to that, but now that you have mentioned it, my wife wanted that colour - and I said no as it would age quickly - and it hasn't! So that meant getting the most "tame" colour, ie silver, just like her last Polo, which annoyed her as maybe people would not know that she had changed cars, now she is no car snob so why was that an issue? (answers on a very small piece of paper please!)

Edit:- one of her lady friends had a earlier version of that blue colour, ie pearl, and it looked okay on that Golf even when it was maybe 8 years old.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

It’s one of those colours that I quite like, but I probably wouldn’t choose myself.

Colour choice is a very personal thing and it’s good that not everyone’s likes and dislikes are the same, otherwise we’d all be driving around in the same colour cars and that would be boring.

I’d say if the car matches up to what you’re looking for in terms of spec, condition and history and you like the colour, you should go for it!
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

I’ve yet to encounter a Mayan Blue woman so you should not worry about that.
R111RWD
New

Post by R111RWD »

Thanks all, after a think today I am going to go for it. Why worry what other people think!

Looking forward to owning a Polo once again :)
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

my last polo was mayan blue and i loved it never thought of it as a womans colour ha
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yesterday I spotted a newish Porsche in their version of that colour, looked good!
EDI GTI
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI 6C

Post by EDI GTI »

I really like the Mayan Blue polo - I'd say it would be a great choice!