Wipers Not Working

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
burge29
New
Drives: 6R 1200

Wipers Not Working

Post by burge29 »

Hi Guys

Firstly, thanks for your time on any advice given in advance!

FYI car is a Polo is 6R 2010 1200cc

Wipers stopped working on Friday and car has just been sat in all this lovely snow until my other half reminded me tonight!

Symptoms are: On the stalk... No Wipers, no washer jets. When you pull the stalk for washer jets and front wipers the rear wiper does a single wipe instead. The rest is just dead.

Before this happened, a single wipe on the fronts was done, they parked and have never worked since.

Have checked fuses and all are ok.

I'm jumping to the conclusion the stalk has had it but if anyone has any other ideas to offer up that would be great!

Could I have missed a fuse anywhere? Is there a "relay" anywhere I have missed?

If the stalk is the culprit are these a b***h to change... looks like the whole steering wheel may have to come off to get it off the shaft?

Again, many thanks in advance!
cally.mclaughlin
New

Re: Wipers Not Working

Post by cally.mclaughlin »

Hi,
I've got the same problem, did you manage to find a solution?
VWT5
New
Drives: T5

Re: Wipers Not Working solved

Post by VWT5 »

After reading a few of these posts about wipers not working and jet washers not working either, this one was an exact match to mine.

One of the other posts I read about was the washer jets not working. So I thought well mine aren’t working either so thought I’d try that fuse first, well low and behold there she was…blown.

Changed it and all the rest of the faults disappeared!
Wipers now working!

Hope that helps.

Fuse 2 is bottom right and left one.

Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Wipers Not Working

Post by RUM4MO »

Just remember to keep the washer fluid concentration at the correct level for winter cold weather protection against freezing - AND always switch the wipers OFF before stopping the engine, AND check all 3 wiper arms to make sure that they are not frozen to the screen before getting into the car when the temperature is low.