POLO GTI 6C MANUAL HORSEPOWER UNDERRATED

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: POLO GTI 6C MANUAL HORSEPOWER UNDERRATED

Post by Dink »

It's going to be at least a few months yet. Can't justify dropping that much money on car mods in one hit :lol: :lol:

There are a few polos and ibizas on YouTube with that sort of power
mixalisgti
New
Drives: polo gti 6c manual

Post by mixalisgti »

I agree the tuning parts are little expensive :D :D cant wait to 1st stage my gti and see the difference many say its a whole different car with 390nm torque and 244hp i think i will go with APR tune
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

My Polo ran around 210bhp stock, and I'm aware of quite a few other ones running 200+ stock on various other dynos. My stage 2 one is currently sitting at 276bhp and 326ft-lbs.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Dink wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 pm I've gone for the Wagner tuning competition intercooler.

The turbo will be an IS38 (as fitted to the golf R)

The I'm going with milltek for the exhaust (sports cat downpipe and resonated cat back)

Imho I would never use a tuning box. A generic map (like from Apr, revo etc) will always be better. A tuning box tricks the ecu into thinking values from sensors are less/more than they actually are.
Unless you have a particular reason for getting the 38 I'd honestly just go for the IS20 mate! The 38 has quite a bit more lag and unless you're going to try push 380-400bhp the IS20 can get you to 340+ no bother. I've seen 2 cars running either turbo and both are putting out pretty similar power.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

I'm going to try extract every safe ounce of power out of it.

I'm trying to mitigate a tiny of the lag (will be getting the downpipe ceramic coated and also fitting a turbo blanket ) but ive seen the power graphs and it looks like 3krpm is where it kicks in.
mixalisgti
New
Drives: polo gti 6c manual

Post by mixalisgti »

Scott Bounce wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:42 pm My Polo ran around 210bhp stock, and I'm aware of quite a few other ones running 200+ stock on various other dynos. My stage 2 one is currently sitting at 276bhp and 326ft-lbs.
Hey scott thanks for the info i knew that our polo has 200+hp from stock and not 192 i was suspicious about it how your stage 2 performs? Which tuning company apr revo? What mods do you have? Intercooler,clutch,exhaust? 276bhp with is12 turbo?
alanboxx
New
Drives: Polo GTi 6c

Post by alanboxx »

Hello , recently purchased 2016 Polo gti , fitted a Cobra cat back exhaust . Put it on the dyno and got 210.7 bhp 240.7 lb/ft , Then installed a Pendle performance map , its now 241bhp 266 lb/ft . Would have only expected 2-- 5 bhp increase from the exhaust ? Drives like a dream with a very safe map , well pleased :D .