POLO GTI 6C MANUAL HORSEPOWER UNDERRATED

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mixalisgti
New
Drives: polo gti 6c manual

POLO GTI 6C MANUAL HORSEPOWER UNDERRATED

Post by mixalisgti »

Hello to all the proud polo owners im mike from greece iam a proud owner myself of a polo gti 6c manual i bought it new from vw dealership and i ve already done 9000km on it im starting this topic cause i want your opinions about our 6c gti real hp cause everybody tells me iam stage 1 and the fun is im full stock i do 111-180 in 10 secs is this possible with only 192 ps ? i think our gti has 240hp and not 192 as stated cause i do the same time with a stage 1 240hp 6c manual gti, is it possible for my gti to be tuned from factory ? here is one of my accelerations video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25g1mq-yVdw :D :D :D pls respond to this so we can make a conclusion about the real hp on our manual gti
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: POLO GTI 6C MANUAL HORSEPOWER UNDERRATED

Post by Ricmondo »

Yes that could well be possible with around 190ps. Acceleration in that range is influenced more by torque than horse power.

There are so many variables that come into play, you need to take account of them to reach a valid and meaningful calculation.

The only way to find out how much power your engine is actually producing is to put the car on a dyno.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Thanks for the respond mate i agree that i should dyno the car to see the exact HP of my engine but how is it possible tha my 100-180 acceleration is the same with a 240hp 375nm torque polo gti 6c manual?
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Torque.

It’s why a Tesla with max torque at zero revs accelerates like a rocket.

With an ICE you can tune for power and compromise torque or you can tune for torque and compromise power, if you can find the sweet spot that’s great.

Power is the number of horses under your bonnet, torque is how hard those horses can pull.

That’s why more horse power does not necessarily mean better acceleration, particularly when measuring in gear acceleration.

Ever wondered why those sales reps in diesel BMWs accelerate so quickly?
Last edited by Ricmondo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

I see so torque helps more than HP in the 100 200 acceleration the 1.8 tsi with upgraded turbo IS38 ,clutch ,exhaust, intercooler and software with stock motor can withstand 400hp?
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Yes, you can’t beat the laws of physics no matter how much you’d like to.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Thank you very much for discussing this topic with me ric so the best tune is equal hp and torque not neccesary so much hp i see.... I wonder how fast the polo will get if i can reach the torque to 500nm with 350hp and what cars will be able to take over on rolling at 100kmh
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

It has been a pleasure, it makes the last 50 years I’ve spent rebuilding and tuning cars worthwhile!
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Ric i have one last quest for stage 1 should i upgrade intercooler and clutch? And witch tuning company you would prefer for the 6c gti manual map? APR OR REVO ? or should i install tuning box?
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Apr seems to get better gains over the revo

Intercooler and clutch are optional on stage 1.

I'm getting my intercooler fitted Tuesday then it will be saving up for the clutch but I am going stage 3 with it.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Thanks dink what turbo and intercooler you will choose for stage 3 software? And what exhaust and downpipe?i think about apr too what about tuning box? I saw in youtube 2 6c gti manual racing one stage 2 apr and one tuning box and the tuning box gti was 1 car ahead whats your opinion about that? Btw with stage 1 of apr 244hp and 390nm of torque it will be a different car in the response and acceleration?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

I've gone for the Wagner tuning competition intercooler.

The turbo will be an IS38 (as fitted to the golf R)

The I'm going with milltek for the exhaust (sports cat downpipe and resonated cat back)

Imho I would never use a tuning box. A generic map (like from Apr, revo etc) will always be better. A tuning box tricks the ecu into thinking values from sensors are less/more than they actually are.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Thanks for the respond dink what hp and torque you would like to accomplish with the stage 3? You will choose apr for maping the ecu in stage 3?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Looking for 350+ hp and 350+ lbs/ft

Nah I'm going custom mapping for it with stage 3.
mixalisgti
New

Post by mixalisgti »

Nice dink i hope the tune goes well for you the gti will be crazy fast with that kind hp and torque we are awaiting for your results and a video if you want :D :D