Fuse overview VW Polo 6R and 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
slicendice
New
Drives: Black GTi 2016 (6c)

Re: Fuse overview VW Polo 6R and 6C

Post by slicendice »

I'm trying to hardwire a dashcam into my g/f's 65 GTi (6C) and not sure about the fuse connections. It's got parking mode so needs Acc and Vcc.

Re the fuses to piggyback onto - from the PDF diagrams above (Polo 6C 2014-2018), I'd gone for Vcc => fuse 5 (driver's door control unit) and for Acc => 23 (washer pump)...are those OK?

I got a couple of tap fuses but when trying to fit them, they just don't seem to fit well around/over the existing fuses (i.e. the blades don't sit nicely due to the tap'd fuses pressing against the existing fuses). For other's who have done this, did you use the standard size fuses to piggyback? Or would it be better to go for the mini fuses? And if so, which ones would be good ones to use? Possibly Acc => fuse 36 (heated front seats), Vcc => fuse 17 (anti-theft alarm sensor)?

I'm sure I read somewhere (though can't remember where!) that it's best to use fuse slots that are rated 10-30A - is that true?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions in one post! :-)

Thanks
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI

Post by iichel »

For ACC I'd recommend a fuse between 24 and 37 (75/15 in the most right column in the fuse overview). For VCC you can take any fuse with 30 in the right column, 5 is fine.
slicendice
New
Drives: Black GTi 2016 (6c)

Post by slicendice »

iichel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 am For ACC I'd recommend a fuse between 24 and 37 (75/15 in the most right column in the fuse overview). For VCC you can take any fuse with 30 in the right column, 5 is fine.
Brill, just what I needed...thank you!

All now wired in and working.
amer6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

water ingress into areal, i also had this issue. There is an amplifier inside the antenna.