mould showing on inside of car

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bevii3
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

mould showing on inside of car

Post by Bevii3 »

Hi guys I've noticed bit of an issue over the past week or so which is mould showing on the pillar separating front and back of the car, i first thought maybe a seal had gone or something until i noticed it in the exact same spot on the other side of the car too. the photo isnt very clear and im sorry for that, its worse on the other side but the reflection made it hard to take a pic of that side. ive circled the area and you can faintly see the white colour. anyone know whats caused this on both sides? ignore dirt on the window, mould is on the inside
car.jpg
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: mould showing on inside of car

Post by Ricmondo »

My guess is that you don’t open the rear windows very often so spores or debris are seldom disturbed. You will notice a similar phenomena on cars parked up and unused for some weeks.

Open the affected windows, wipe over the frame and channels with diluted disinfectant then go for a drive to get air circulating and dry things out.

If that doesn’t work check that there are no water leaks, damp carpets etc. Crank the heater up to max and get the inside really hot, if the inside is damp the windows will steam up. Frequent use of the air con will help to keep things dry inside the cockpit.

I hope you can sort it.
Bevii3
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: mould showing on inside of car

Post by Bevii3 »

Thanks for the response, you're right i dont open the rear windows at all really. its currently too cold for windows open but will give the air con a blast and wipe round the windows. Thanks again