Km/h to mp/h

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bengosling
New
Drives: 2012 Polo 1.2

Km/h to mp/h

Post by bengosling »

Its not appearing at the moment because im stopped but a small speed reading appears in this screen in kmh can i change to mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bengosling
New
Drives: 2012 Polo 1.2

Re: Km/h to mp/h

Post by bengosling »

benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

bengosling wrote:Image

I don’t think u can as the secondary digital speedometer should be the alternative unit for the main speedometer. If you re having MPH, then the digital shall be KMH like wise the other KMH instrument cluster

josh1073
New
Drives: 2014 seat ibiza (rebadged polo)

Post by josh1073 »

Hi, yes you can! I had the same thing on my Seat Ibiza (its basically a vw polo) under EU laws cars must display both mph and kph. You have MPH on the speedo dile and the digital display shows KPH for when or if you drive in Europe. You need a vcds cable and follow this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RUyglmr1Vw
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I found this discussion topic on the same subject;

viewtopic.php?t=50586

I also thought that if the main speedometer in a UK vehicle displays just mph there also needs to be a digital kph display. So, if you take your car to mainland Europe or any other country that measures speed in kph, you can adhere to the speed limits on the roads of the country you’re visiting.

Why would you want the main speedo and the digital speed readout to both show mph anyway?
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

josh1073 wrote:Hi, yes you can! I had the same thing on my Seat Ibiza (its basically a vw polo) under EU laws cars must display both mph and kph. You have MPH on the speedo dile and the digital display shows KPH for when or if you drive in Europe. You need a vcds cable and follow this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RUyglmr1Vw
This is for MFA+ cluster with maxidot lcd. I believe his cluster is mid line cluster.

josh1073
New
Drives: 2014 seat ibiza (rebadged polo)

Post by josh1073 »

benzinkopf wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm
josh1073 wrote:Hi, yes you can! I had the same thing on my Seat Ibiza (its basically a vw polo) under EU laws cars must display both mph and kph. You have MPH on the speedo dile and the digital display shows KPH for when or if you drive in Europe. You need a vcds cable and follow this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RUyglmr1Vw
This is for MFA+ cluster with maxidot lcd. I believe his cluster is mid line cluster.

I dunno (no versed on the different types at all). All i can say is after reading about i constantly found its not possible to change the KPH digital readout to MPH and came across that video and after doing the steps i now have the digital readout in MPH in place of KPH. This is the same binnacle i have "https://youtu.be/m3vdU8BHzZ0?t=89"
GE90
New
Drives: GTI

Post by GE90 »

Thread resurrection warning!

In the UK and have just purchased a 2012 GTI, and noticed that the only digital speed readout is the small one at the bottom. I do not have a multifunction steering wheel.

Am I missing a large digital readout? Also, can I change KPH to MPH on the digital speed, being 2012 and a UK car?

Thanks!