Polo Blue GT front Grill

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Polo Blue GT front Grill

Post by Norbreck21a »

Hi all, I know this is probably a strange question, but on my wife's last Polo Blue GT (a 2013 model), we changed the lower front slatted grill for the GTI one (as the wife preferred it) - see below

However on her second Blue GT (a 2016 model - yes she's had two), she wanted the adaptive cruise control, therefore we are back to a slatted grill due to the cut out for the radar sensor (as below)

Does anyone know if there is a honeycomb grill available with the radar cut out, or if it's possible to modify the grill to "plastic weld" the opening into it (we still have the GTI honeycombed grill, as we returned the car back to stock when we sold it) ?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Polo Blue GT front Grill

Post by iichel »

no it's not available
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

As the upper grille on the Blue GT isn’t a honeycomb pattern, IMO the horizontal slatted lower grille with the twin horizontal bar upper grille is a more cohesive design than a mix of one grill with a honeycomb pattern and the other with horizontal bars.

Just my opinion though.
joere07
New
Drives: Mk5 BlueGT (2016)

Post by joere07 »

Sorry I know this is an old post, but I don't suppose you remember where you bought that lower GTi grill?

Or if you know anywhere I can buy one now?

Thank you