Transmission oil change

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
maTTew
New
Drives: 6R 2010 1.4 16V 63kW Highline

Transmission oil change

Post by maTTew »

Hi,
I have Polo 6R with 1.4 63kW petrol engine (CGGB) and MQ200 LVE transmission. I am going to change my engine oil and with that I would like to change transmission oil too. But I cant find the drain plug on transmission. My Google searches did not find anything helpful. Also what oil should I use? G052512A2, 2 litres? Are there some alternative brands besides original VW?

Souhld I also change the plugs (both engine and transmission)? Do anyone know the part codes?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Transmission oil change

Post by ciclo »

Workshop manuals (Polo MK5) , ETKA, etc... :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42713#p466570
Maybe it's helpful.
maTTew
New
Drives: 6R 2010 1.4 16V 63kW Highline

Re: Transmission oil change

Post by maTTew »

Thanks @ciclo, but I already knew about this option. I looked in erWin and ETKA and there is no workshop manual for oil change.

For MQ200/02T transmission you need "G 052 512 A2" oil, after 44/2013 manufacture there is new "G 052 527 AO" oil for all transmissions in VW. But if your transmission originally had G 052 512 A2 you have to use it again! No mixing with new type of oil. Always use original VW oil.

The drain plug has part number WHT001937 and you do not have to buy a new one but I did. You also need 2 liters of oil, in my case "G 052 512 A2". All of that costs around 50 euros.
You have to drain all oil from transmission. To do that you need to lower the rear side of your car a little bit because drain plug on these transmissions is not in right angle. If you drain oil in horizontal position, you get only 1.7 litres.* Catch old oil and check its volume. Then replace drain plug. To fill the transmission with new oil DO NOT USE the fill plug because of wrong angle of transmission. Instead use reverse light switch hole. Just unplug the connector, unscrew it and put in a clean hose with funnel at one end and slowly pour new oil in. You HAVE TO POUR 2 LITERS in your transmission, never less! Then place the reverse light switch back and you are done.

My transmission now works better than before, it is smoother and without any resistance. I can now shift literally with two fingers! I recommend this oil change to anyone with older car - 6 years and more.

There is another option to drain all oil in horizontal position. Check this link: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthrea ... post535289 It is for MQ250 transmission but it is the same.