Wiring lighting for boost gauge

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: Wiring lighting for boost gauge

Post by cheba »

ciclo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm For the red wire you can take the power from the fuse box, 12V, +15 signal. :arrow: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... sp=sharing
You must put a mini fuse to supply power to the red wire, for example 2A (gray).

The yellow wire, for example, connected to T10/9 original wire in the red connector for automatic lights (dimmed voltage -58d-). Already protected by the BCM.

In any case you must follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Wouldn't it be possible then to use switched +12V in the lighting harness for the red wire to the gauge? I'm thinking about T4 in Auto switch connector (T1 in small black 2-pole connector). Isn't that also protected by the BCM?

The manufacturers instructions only say to connect red to any switched +12V and yellow to the dimmer switch, without a fuse on any of them... but using fuses sounds like a good idea.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Don't touch my harness for the automatic lights, NEVER!, I'll be mad with you if you do it. :lol:

Imagine that one day you decide to remove the harness for automatic lights.
What would happen with the boost gauge? :wink:
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

ciclo wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:38 am
Don't touch my harness for the automatic lights, NEVER!, I'll be mad with you if you do it. :lol:

Imagine that one day you decide to remove the harness for automatic lights.
What would happen with the boost gauge? :wink:
Well, what would happen is that I would notice that the boost gauge is connected to your harness, and I would just have to move the boost gauge wires to the other side of the connectors before removing your harness from the connectors :D

(Don't worry, I will leave your auto light harness untouched)