Re: Plans for my Blue GT

Post by FAYBAE »

Looks nice mate! :)
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

Post by FAYBAE »

Ricmondo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:46 pm Quote.

“I get where ya coming from tho but no one abides by every law this pathetic country sets lol”

Which makes solicitors, insurance companies etc rich, courts busy and prisons full.
Of course. 😂
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

iichel wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:53 pm I'm also tempted to disapprove said statement, but I guess it's up to anyone to take or leave some good and well meant advise :)
He never asked for advice on insurance, some how he thought it was necessary to put that in his post...same old people on these forums now days. Never changes or ceases to amaze me.
TheGingerKid
New
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheGingerKid »

FAYBAE wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:07 pm Looks nice mate! :)
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

TheGingerKid wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:30 pm
Do you think Gun Metal Grey would go with that colour? Maybe do the badges in it or something?
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

I’ve been with LV and another company they took over for longer that VW have been making GTis.

I’ve been modifying my cars for most of that time, I’ve always declared mods and only once had to pay a very small premium addition, around 2.5% I think. Most times it has been a question of noting the schedule and nothing else.

You need to get into the mind of the insurer before you talk to them. If a later model is more powerful you might want to tell them that you are upgrading to that level, all remapping is done to cure rough running and improve economy or perhaps to reduce the risk of overheating isn’t it! All tuning boxes are to improve economy or to compensate for poor quality fuel sold in your area aren’t they.

None of that is untrue, you may get other benefits at the same time but no need to stress that over the phone, and always do it over the phone in a friendly polite way. Avoid letters or emails.

What ever you do don’t quote BHP figures, they are only best guesses that would confuse the call handler.

To sum up, don’t tell untruths but present the facts in a way that the company will find acceptable and above all get the representative on your side....it has always worked for me even when I’ve more than doubled engine size.

Enjoy your mods once they are complete, I’m sure you will have a very enjoyable car.
TheGingerKid
New

Post by TheGingerKid »

FAYBAE wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:33 pm
Do you think Gun Metal Grey would go with that colour? Maybe do the badges in it or something?
Might have to look into that, it aint a bad shout. when the alloys are dirty they go a grey ish colour looks alright tbf.
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

TheGingerKid wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:56 pm
FAYBAE wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Might have to look into that, it aint a bad shout. when the alloys are dirty they go a grey ish colour looks alright tbf.
Yeah, I think that would look good :) give it a go I guess :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve got gunmetal / anthracite coloured alloys on my Blue Silk GTI. In my opinion the wheel/paint colour combination works, but I’m obviously biased 🙂.
Attachments
0B9EAA09-3BDF-4C6D-B32D-35139EF52D70.jpeg
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:34 pm I’ve got gunmetal / anthracite coloured alloys on my Blue Silk GTI. In my opinion the wheel/paint colour combination works, but I’m obviously biased 🙂.
Deffinately works 👍🏼
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

Just found this..... more dear then a MILLTEK tho.

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sport ... 150ps.aspx
TheGingerKid
New

Post by TheGingerKid »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:34 pm I’ve got gunmetal / anthracite coloured alloys on my Blue Silk GTI. In my opinion the wheel/paint colour combination works, but I’m obviously biased 🙂.
Looks real nice tbf 👌🏻
Blairzxy
New
Drives: Polo blue Gt

Post by Blairzxy »

If your wanting it to pop and bang you should get a backbox and res delete sounds great and also if your looking for a downpipe here’s a link https://www.kwe-racing.de/VW/VW-Polo-6R ... anguage=en
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

Blairzxy wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:39 pm If your wanting it to pop and bang you should get a backbox and res delete sounds great and also if your looking for a downpipe here’s a link https://www.kwe-racing.de/VW/VW-Polo-6R ... anguage=en
Video? 🤔
Blairzxy
New
Drives: Polo blue Gt

Post by Blairzxy »

https://youtu.be/rXZXwjz8r5E I also have the forge blow off valve