VW Polo engine noise?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
32bit
New
Drives: 6C

VW Polo engine noise?

Post by 32bit »

Hello everyone,

My polo 2015 1.2 tsi only 30k km has some weird noise coming from the engine and it seems like it's coming from the Alternator but I'm not sure and the VAG-COM cannot find something wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfnp5cpDsIg
Is anyone heard this sound of engine before? Should I be worried??
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: VW Polo engine noise?

Post by RUM4MO »

I can't hear any noises that should not be there, sorry.

You have obviously started to hear new noises so are worried - as would I be.

Edit:- one thing though, if it is the sort of squeaking noise from the alternator, maybe try spraying water on the drive belt to see if it changes anything as that would let you know it was just the drive belt maybe hardening up a bit due to age/heat?

Another Edit:- I see that your car still has the original EVAP hard plastic ribbed hose going to the EVAP solenoid, do you not hear strange noises at low throttle settings, like peeep peeep peeeep ? Getting your dealer to fit a smooth bored preformed "rubber" pipe, like all the other pipes, sorts that out quite a bit! Note, this has nothing to do with any noises you hear when the engine is idling.

Yet another Edit:- if it is that sqeeking/squeaking noise from the alternator that you are worried about, maybe your battery is low on charge or failing forcing the alternator to need to charge it heavily at the point in time that you heard that noise at idle.

Welcome to thje forum by the way!
32bit
New
Drives: 6C

Post by 32bit »

Thank you for your reply,
I'm not hearing any squeaky noise it's that weird whine noise louder than before! maybe it's a bad aternator because I can hear it all the time at idle. And yes I can feel a little clunky noises coming from the engine (for a couple of seconds) at low revs when I stop at traffic lights and parking - Is that the EVAP Plastic Valve/pipe you're talking about?
And one more thing - the DSG is also making strange noises when downshifting from 2-1 and the dealer replaced the clutch under warranty and I still hear it! What else can be wrong?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Strange, I thought that the only noises that I could hear were alternator noises that just sounded like an alternator being asked to delivery a lot of charge for some reason, at idle.

The EVAP noises were not clunking noises, just peeping noises due to the hard plastic ribbed pipe being "tuned" and the noises were just acoustic noises at that tuned frequency - which do not happen when a flexible rubber smooth bored pipe is fitted.