Bluetooth / Mobile phone query.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polonut
New
Drives: 2020 Polo Match 1Litre TSI

Bluetooth / Mobile phone query.

Post by Polonut »

I have a 2016 Polo Match. A friend has a similar car.
When he gets in his, the phone goes through the motions and completes connection with no further action needed.

When I get in mine, it all happens - then 'automatically connecting' appears on the dash screen - but final connection is delayed until I confirm connection (prompted by a message on my mobile phone.)
Is this normal? (I have a Samsung phone, whereas my friend has another make) or have I missed some vital setting somehow.
You help / comments very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Bluetooth / Mobile phone query.

Post by Ricmondo »

I had the same problem on a previous non VW car with a Nokia Phone.

I had to tick a box on the phone’s Bluetooth settings menu to allow automatic connection. I don’t know if the Polo Samsung connection requires a similar adjustment.

My Polo Apple combination required no adjustments and quickly connects without any fuss or messages. I have the optional Sat Nav Reversing Camera combination if that makes any difference.
Polonut
New

Post by Polonut »

Hi Ricmondo
following your post - I decided to follow your hint, and again explored my phones bluetooth properties. Found the entry 'authorise' - ticked this and all is now well.
Get into car and everything is completely automatic :)
Thanks for your response.

Polonut
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Cheers, it gives me back my self respect after forgetting how to reset the car clock when they went forward. No matter how many times I changed it it reverted every time I switched off.

Things got so bad I nearly resorted to the handbook which is truely the last resort. I finally remembered the BST setting in the menu.

I’m now gaining the confidence to think about setting the dish washer, or perhaps not!
Polonut
New

Post by Polonut »

I spoke too soon - still have problems
To make the story a short one, the main problem is the inability of the contacts list to show on the car system. Everything else is working OK.
The appearance of the contacts list is erratic - it might show on the odd occasion, however most times it is missing.
By chance I discovered a way to overcome this (which is not the answer I am seeking)
If I get in the car with the phone switched off - start the car, then switch on the phone, it then works!

I have tried all the 'workarounds' I have seen on the net to no avail - so any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Most info on the net does not tie up with the car info (car is 2016) and operations on google relate to earlier (?) menu/systems as far as I can see.
I am using a Samsung C3050 phone, and I believe there is perhaps difficulty with Samsung and VW? in many cases.
gaza1994
Bronze Member
Drives: Match 1.4 2012 (6r) (85ps)

Post by gaza1994 »

31052325_1871910199507166_1731595444967964672_n.png
if you go into your phones bluetooth settings, are all the boxes ticked on here?

If thats the case and it doesnt work try the following:

* Tell the cars bluetooth to "forget" your phone
* Tell your phone to "forget" your car

Restart both

then try going through the setup process, see if that helps.
Polonut
New

Post by Polonut »

Many thanks for your response Gaza 1994

My Samsung C3050 does not show a window as you have illustrated (I cannot find device details anywhere).

When I highlight the VW entry, and drop down the 'options' - the only near thing is the ability to 'connect'

I believe I can find (on the car) an entry to erase the phone entry, but despite a search I cannot find (on the Phone) the entry to forget the car.

I am tempted to go to square one and start all over again OR borrow an alternate phone and see if that overcomes the problem.
Thanks again for your time.
Keep the ideas coming chaps
Thanks
Polonut
New

Post by Polonut »

At last - think I may have cracked it.
I did find a previous old phone I had long forgotten (LG KE970 Shine) and charged this up and transferred the SIM card.

I then did the required setup, and all was well. Every-time I now get into the car the phone is recognised and automatically continues to completion. This now includes all the contact numbers.

But, I then thought why all the previous hassle? Embarrassingly this may be down to me - I had two Samsung C3050 phones installed, these were clearly identified with differing names, and this I thought was enough to make them totally separate in their own right.
I just wonder if two identical phones were somehow interacting / cancelling out each other in some respects??
The only other alternative is that one of the C3050's was faulty
Hopefully, all will continue and the matter is now (?) closed.
The surviving Samsung C3050 phone works ok, and also shows its own contact list everytime without problems.

Polonut