VW Valve Stem Caps (ZVW355005A)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
A17EUS
New
Drives: BlueGT

VW Valve Stem Caps (ZVW355005A)

Post by A17EUS »

Hi, I am new to the group. I've had my BlueGT just over a year now and absolutely love it. Don't want to mess with it too much as it's a good looking car, I just felt it lacked slightly in some areas on detail. I've added the Skoda Yeti chrome tips which cost me £25 for the pair as appose to the £112 a tip the VW dealership quoted me. I've also had the back 3 windows tinted at 20%. I am now wanting to add some VW valve stem caps, after seeing them on someone elses wheels and really liking the look of them. However, I can only seem to find them online in America and the shipping is more than the part. Does anyone have a link to any in the UK or know anywhere I can get a set? The part number is ZVW355005A.

Thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: VW Valve Stem Caps (ZVW355005A)

Post by RUM4MO »

Have you had a look in a VW Polo accessories catalogue - if that exists, normal they list these sorts of parts - or on line at VW (UK) if they are in either of these listings then your VW dealer will be able to order them in for you.

One thing though, make sure that you apply some lubricant onto the threads before fitting them as it has been said that any/all of these metal types of valve caps will seize to the valve stem threads if left dry.

Edit:- Well maybe looking through the accessory cat is not going to help you! Maybe this says something about these alloy valve caps, like my warning above?

Another Edit:- okay, these caps get called "plastic" so maybe okay to use, have you tried getting your local VW dealer to order in a set for you?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

There’s a set here and the seller is in the UK;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Carbon-Bl ... .l4275.c10

Unlikely to be a genuine VW accessory as they’re only £3.79 with free postage, but if they get nicked (seems to be a fairly common occurrence with this type of valve cap), they’re cheap enough to replace.

Seller gets good reviews too (99.9% positive feedback).
A17EUS
New

Post by A17EUS »

Thanks for the replies!
SRGTD - They look decent, seen a few alternative versions on Ebay but wanting genuine parts preferably. If they do get stolen which is highly likely living in Barnsley I will go for the cheaper ones to replace.
RUM4MO - I've checked on VW part sites but nothing coming up in UK. Will try my local dealer tommorow as suggested, but from past experience it might be cheaper to import some. And yes think these ones are plastic so should be okay.
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

2 cents to add.
These valve nuts have tendency to get loose and fall off.
I have lost couple of them. So a check if they are tight before drive is good. Else buy couple of sets so you can just replace the cap.
A17EUS
New

Post by A17EUS »

ag69 thanks for that info! Is it the plastic ones you have? Are they worth buying? Can get the aluminium ones for same price but hearing lots of horror stories about them bonding on and having to replace valve.
ag69
Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

A17EUS, sorry for delayed reply.
give me couple of days worst case till sunday and i would record a video for you and try to answer all questions.
A17EUS
New

Post by A17EUS »

No problem! Thanks a lot appreciate it
ag69
Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Apologies for missing both of my dates.
1.5 year old kid make sure i do nothing but be with him :D

Here is video for your reference.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/uaBS5osDMtk[/youtube]

Caps are metal.
There is a hole to insert a screw which can be tightened with small head allen key.
However it becomes very time consuming to loose and remove caps. So i have not used it.
Also already lost couple of caps.
So make sure to order more than 4. And also have a big heart if someone steals or they fall off.

Hope this helps.