Insurance

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
khixn
New
Drives: 2010 Polo 1.4 3DR

Insurance

Post by khixn »

Anyone know if ‘morethan’ is a good insurance company with black box? First car, new driver so have to have black box... or anyone know any good/cheap insurances???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Insurance

Post by SRGTD »

Hi khixn. I don’t have any recent personal experience of car insurance for young drivers as it’s many, many years ago since I was a young driver :lol: . It might be worth having a look at this though;

https://boughtbymany.com/news/article/b ... g-drivers/

It might also be worth contacting an insurance broker who promote themselves as being able to obtain competitively priced insurance cover for young drivers, rather than just considering the direct insurers. Some insurance brokers may have special arrangements for young drivers with specific insurers that help to keep the premium at a reasonable level. A quick Google search on ‘best insurance broker for young drivers’ returned the undernoted results (there were others, but this is in selection of the results). I don’t have any personal knowledge or experience of any of these so unfortunately can’t recommend one to you;

Adrian Flux (www.adrianflux.co.uk)
Think Insurance (www.thinkinsurance.co.uk)
Arkwright Insurance Brokers (www.arkwrightinsurance.co.uk)
Crosby Insurance Brokers (www.crosbyinsurance.co.uk)
Only Young Drivers (www.onlyyoungdrivers.co.uk)
4 Young Drivers (www.4youngdrivers.co.uk)

Good luck with your search.
Bevii3
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: Insurance

Post by Bevii3 »

you shouldn't have to have the black box, i didnt when i first started, although my first year was £2100 on a 1.1 citroen saxo. I remember getting quotes for a black box and it being even more expensive for some reason which is why i never had one at all. Im with aviva car insurance and they have always been cheapest for me and i consider them a fairly well known company. if i get cheaper quotes and i havent really heard much of the company before then i tend to avoid them, not that you should its just the way I am