Rear Dashcam 6C 64 Plate

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AlfieGriver
New

Rear Dashcam 6C 64 Plate

Post by AlfieGriver »

Got a polo 6C, was wondering if there was any way to run a wire to the rear window for a rear facing camera as on most other hatchbacks there's trim surrounding the window but I've just got bare metal and nowhere to run the wire.

Seems pretty difficult so might just use the front part of the kit but would like to know if anybody has managed so far.
CAT1
New
Drives: 2017 polo sel tsi 1.0 110bhp bmt

Re: Rear Dashcam 6C 64 Plate

Post by CAT1 »

Hi I've fit a blackvue cam front and rear and yes like other cars that have trim to hide wires this model doesn't so I've taken a few photos if this helps
This is the only solution I could come up with without drilling holes etc .
I've also hard wired the camera to inable the park mode when vehicle is left unattended .now unfortunately being new to this forum I don't seem to be able to send the pictures I've taken I'm using a iPad maybe i need a pc to send pictures
I can txt you them if that helps reply private .
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@CAT1; I post pictures on the forum from my iPad.

When you’re posting on the forum, below the box you type your post in there’s an ‘attachments’ tab. Open this tab and there’s an ‘add files’ button which then gives you various options. If you’ve got the pictures on your iPad that you want to include in your post, the Photo Library option will take you to your iPad photo library and you can select the picture(s) you want to upload.
CAT1
New
Drives: 2017 polo sel tsi 1.0 110bhp bmt

Post by CAT1 »

Yeah thanks for that but I go through all that and keep getting error message invalid files I'll figure it cheers
slicendice
New
Drives: Black GTi 2016 (6c)

Post by slicendice »

CAT1 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 am Hi I've fit a blackvue cam front and rear and yes like other cars that have trim to hide wires this model doesn't so I've taken a few photos if this helps
This is the only solution I could come up with without drilling holes etc .
I've also hard wired the camera to inable the park mode when vehicle is left unattended .now unfortunately being new to this forum I don't seem to be able to send the pictures I've taken I'm using a iPad maybe i need a pc to send pictures
I can txt you them if that helps reply private .
Hi - I'd be really interested to see this as well if possible. Picking up a 65 plate GTi 6C from dealer tomorrow ( :mrgreen: ) and am keen to get dashcam fitted, ideally front and back
LoveOfPolo
New
Drives: 6R 2012

Post by LoveOfPolo »

For wiring to the rear, along the top wind screen, along the left pillar, along the floor (some wiring will be exposed) but very minimal, then under the seats on my 6r.