Exhaust for 2017 Polo R-line 1.2 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
polos_vw
New
Drives: 2017 VW POLO R-Line 1.2 TSI

Exhaust for 2017 Polo R-line 1.2 TSI

Post by polos_vw »

Wanted advice on what exhaust would be best to make the car actually sound nice.

Don’t have a huge budget but all suggestions welcome, really want this mod, been researching for ages and no solid suggestions found!

Cheers :D
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Exhaust for 2017 Polo R-line 1.2 TSI

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd guess while that car is still under warranty, your choice would be limited to whatever VW sells in their aftermarket range of bits, though I would expect that nothing like that exists for a Polo 1.2TSI!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@RUM4MO; The issue of invalidating the warranty should only be an issue if the failure of components or parts are the direct result of fitting an exhaust that isn’t manufactured by VW for a Polo 1.2 TSI. So, if the OP chooses to fit a non-standard exhaust and the car’s infotainment unit fails and has to be replaced, that should still be covered under the 3 year factory warranty.

@polos_vw; if you do decide to fit a non standard exhaust, remember you’ll need to inform your insurer as this would be considered as a modification for insurance purposes. Also bear in mind your insurer may charge you an increased premium, which may be something you need to consider if you have a limited budget. Also if your car is leased, check the terms of your lease agreement, as you may not be permitted to make any modifications.
polos_vw
New

Post by polos_vw »

I do expect nothing from VW themselves. However with my research and post from SRGTD, I know that I can change my exhaust because it won’t effect anything in the engine which wouldn’t void any warranty. Yet I do have to look at my lease may not allow this.

I was looking for back box/mid section part links ideally. I am not experienced enough to know what to look for as it’s not popular for manufactures to make custom exhausts for these types of cars.

Thanks
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

All I am saying is, if you need your car to get to work etc then if I were you, I would off changing the exhaust until the warranty period has ended, VW etc will, probably sensibly view sorting cars out under warranty that have had modifications to them as a "problem" and it will only be your problem, in reality it will probably only slow down getting any issues resolved, now that is okay if this is just a second car or you can easily live without it, but if you really do need to have the use of this car to earn money, then leave it as it is. Also, you say the car is leased - why oh why are you leasing a car that you have plans to modify, another mine field, nothing wrong with modifying a car that you own forgetting any possible warranty handling issues, are you sure that you have leased the car that suits you, sounds like you have not.

Edit:- on the subject of insurance, I have an Audi S4 that I bought at just over 2 years old, it seems to have had a Milltek exhaust fitted to it almost from new, Milltek is the approved supplier of "sports" exhausts to aftermarket but still in warranty Audis it seems, that almost improved my interest in that car as it has single big oval tail pipes which look better than the typical "S" small round twin tail pipes on both sides. That costs me quite a bit extra in insurance - which is very annoying as at best it probably only increases the engine's output power by 15PS (my guess) when it is running at top revs, though it does allow you to hear the V6 running which it seems the factory exhaust does not. That exhaust being made from SS is good though!
polos_vw
New

Post by polos_vw »

Ok o get what you are saying. It would be easier if I could just chuck on a fairly cheap back box still, yet this isn’t possible with this type of Polo.

Guess I’ll have to live with the very quiet turbo noises, and the factory “I don’t want to go above 3000 rpm” noise haha.

Thanks for the time you’ve given me.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Ooh no, I'm sure that it will enjoy quite a bit higher revs - being urged to change up at under 2000RPM can be annoying, on my Audi S4 which has a manual gearbox, it distracts you by throwing different messages on the small screen between the gauges about changing gear now, what that does for road safety I can't work out.