Departing + Fuel Petrol Calculation MPG

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
winglun8
New
Drives: POLO 6R (1.2 Match Edition)

Departing + Fuel Petrol Calculation MPG

Post by winglun8 »

Dear All,

Thank you everyone for their input in this forum, and it's been very helpful in all aspects! I am departing with my Polo 6R as I am selling her :(
I have owned my 2013 Polo 6R Match Edition for almost 2 years and it's sad to sell my first car, but it's time to take it to the next level...buying an Audi A3 2.0 Diesel 2015. I am selling my "Anti-Roll Bar" and have shared this on this forum, so if anybody is interested, message me.

My next topic is MPG in my 1.2 Match Edition Polo. On paper, I believe it states around 53mpg, but in reality I can get an average of 45mpg driving through various road conditions, so for me I am satisfied. The only aspect I don't like is the lack of power and with only 60bhp you're really limited. It is an improvement in comparison to the Polo 9N3, because with the 6R you can really stretch out 3rd gear to 60mph and it's pretty fast. Since I've owned the car until now, I have done just over 13,000 miles and over a course of two years, that is relatively good for its residual value.
Here are the average miles calculated below based on my driving conditions...

* £20 - 138 miles
* £25 - 200 miles
* £30 - 235 miles
* £35 - 282 miles
* £40 - 311 miles

Thank you everyone!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Departing + Fuel Petrol Calculation MPG

Post by iichel »

Best of luck, first of all, with the new car. Must be a difference of day and night, such a step back to an Audi. Nonetheless, thanks for your presence so far.

Maybe it would be good to write what petrol price you took in your calculation; these prices tend to differ a bit from day to day.

Best
Michel
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Departing + Fuel Petrol Calculation MPG

Post by RUM4MO »

Hum, I hope that you have looked into this before changing to a DERV Audi A3, with what looks like an annual mileage of 7.5K miles, it might be quite a bit better to buy a petrol engined A3?

Will your running of that car suit a DERV engine and any emissions related bolted bits?

I would have picked a Golf with a petrol engine if I'd gone one size up from Polo, or probably more likely a SEAT Leon FR.