OEM cruise control.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
DACA
New
Drives: Black 1.4 TDi SE BMT 2015

OEM cruise control.

Post by DACA »

Can I ask someone to try their cruise control and change gear and see if the car then resumes the original speed. The manual says it disengages but the dealer says it doesn’t. mine is a 5sp manual 1.4 Tdi BMT 2015. Thanks for helping me
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: OEM cruise control.

Post by Dink »

it should disengage as soon as you press the clutch but it does remember the speed you set it to and will go back to it if you press one of the buttons (i think SET)

i found this out but having to change down to 3rd from 6th then pressing to button and the car taking off like a scolded cat lol
DACA
New
Drives: Black 1.4 TDi SE BMT 2015

Post by DACA »

Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you say it should resume having changed down and then when you select resume speed back up to the selected stored speed. Mine resumes without being told.
EDI GTI
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI 6C

Post by EDI GTI »

The cruise control will only disconnect if either the brake pedal is pushed or the cruise control on/off button is pressed. The system allows for you to change gear when the cruise control is on, so pressing the clutch will not disconnect it. By the sounds of it your cruise control is working exactly as it should.
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Post by d-ash »

Further to EDI GTI's reply, which is exactly as mine behaves, you will find that the cruise control disengages if you keep your foot on the clutch for around 5secs. So if you press the clutch to slow down gradually (without using the foot brake), then take your foot off the clutch, the car will pick up speed again (within that 5secs). I found it a bit scary at first before I understood how the cruise control was behaving (especially when coming up a motorway slip road towards the roundabout !!)