New toy!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MarkoPolo
New
Drives: 6R Polo Blue GT

New toy!

Post by MarkoPolo »

Hey all,

I treated myself to a Polo BlueGT last week (I'm in love!)

2014, 1.4L 140bhp, 16k miles! 8)

(Cheeky 1974 Type 2 Bay in the background :wink: )

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions to make it look better?

I'm thinking about getting some LEDs to replace the headlight bulbs and a new boot/rear number plate light too. Also debating installing a RCD510 and get rid of the RCD310 as I can't use bluetooth audio streaming.

Thanks!

MarkoPolo
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New toy!

Post by RUM4MO »

Very nice, lucky you, do you mean a "new" boot light or an extra boot light? I keep meaning to investigate fitting a Skoda "pull down handle" to the hatch as the provided "grab recess" is out of the reach of my wife's outstretched arm, I have the plastic grab handle etc, but need to see if it is even possible without looking like a failed DIYer "improvement"!

Lucky you having a mobile home as well - the freedom of the open road!
Andy1273
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.2 tsi polo

Post by Andy1273 »

Very nice. Those side sill are nice, look very much like the r line ones. Are they level with the front and rear spoilers?.
MarkoPolo
New

Post by MarkoPolo »

RUM4MO wrote:Very nice, lucky you, do you mean a "new" boot light or an extra boot light? I keep meaning to investigate fitting a Skoda "pull down handle" to the hatch as the provided "grab recess" is out of the reach of my wife's outstretched arm, I have the plastic grab handle etc, but need to see if it is even possible without looking like a failed DIYer "improvement"!

Lucky you having a mobile home as well - the freedom of the open road!
Thanks, she's definitely a beauty.

Yep, just want a brighter bulb on the back to brighten up the reg plate.

The Camper belongs to my parents unfortunately, but they're crazy about dubs so it's all good haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i would say stay well away from changing the headlight lamps to LEDs

they are never as bright as they claim, they also give a rubbish beam pattern and also run really hot so don't last at all.

stick with some osram nightbreaker laser lamps as they are about the best halogen lamp you can get.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Number plate illumination, my wife's 2015 SEL has LED light assemblies, so you could buy them, but maybe need to change the bulb failure monitoring to recognise that change, others that have done that sort of thing will give a better answer to that potential issue.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Dink wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm i would say stay well away from changing the headlight lamps to LEDs

they are never as bright as they claim, they also give a rubbish beam pattern and also run really hot so don't last at all.

stick with some osram nightbreaker laser lamps as they are about the best halogen lamp you can get.
@MarkoPolo; congratulations on your new car; it looks great.

Agree with Dink on fitting LED bulbs in reflector headlamps designed for halogen bulbs - in my opinion it’s a bad idea. As well a producing a poor beam pattern, the light scatter from fitting LED’s in headlamp units not designed for them will annoy and dazzle oncoming motorists.

Much better to buy some upgraded halogen bulbs.
MarkoPolo
New

Post by MarkoPolo »

Andy1273 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm Very nice. Those side sill are nice, look very much like the r line ones. Are they level with the front and rear spoilers?.
Yes mate, looks so good!
MarkoPolo
New

Post by MarkoPolo »

Dink wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm i would say stay well away from changing the headlight lamps to LEDs

Cheers!

Will take a look into those 8)
MarkoPolo
New

Post by MarkoPolo »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm Number plate illumination, my wife's 2015 SEL has LED light assemblies, so you could buy them, but maybe need to change the bulb failure monitoring to recognise that change, others that have done that sort of thing will give a better answer to that potential issue.
Nice one, will have a little hunt around to find someone that has done it.

Thanks!
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

These are OEM and a straight fit: 1K8943021D
MarkoPolo
New

Post by MarkoPolo »

peter_dk25 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am These are OEM and a straight fit: 1K8943021D
Legend! :D

Thanks