Contentious 2nd topic - what diesel do you feed your Polo?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Contentious 2nd topic - what diesel do you feed your Polo?

Post by iichel »

Since I feel very discriminated as a TDI driver, not able to join in at Contentious topic - which petrol are you using?, I decided to open a diesel fuelled discussion.

Myself, I drive a 1.2 TDI and I usually go for the cheapest diesel I can find. So it's not near the highway and I don't really care whether it's supermarket diesel, Shell, Aral (BP), Esso or any other premium brand. I never noticed a difference either in power or fuel economy so I don't bother with the fancy and expensive fuels.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Contentious 2nd topic - what diesel do you feed your Polo?

Post by RUM4MO »

Oh, I always had you down as being a petrol user - sorry!
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Haha no worries mate. It's a good old oil burner 8)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:58 pm Oh, I always had you down as being a petrol user - sorry!
Yes, so did I. Just goes to show you shouldn’t male assumptions 🙂

Don’t currently drive a diesel, but did previously - Golf GTD . Always ran it on supermarket diesel and never had any issues with it.
Tombirch95
Getting There!
Drives: 2011 Polo Match 1.2 TDI

Post by Tombirch95 »

I have a 1.2 TDI, when I picked it up first it wasn't as responsive as id hoped so I drained the fuel tank, replaced all the fuel filters and filled up with Shell V-Power diesel, its all ive even put into the car is V power going out my way to find a Shell Garage, yes it costs a hell of a lot more and some may say its pointless but in my car it has transformed the car completely.

I keep the car full of juice I never let it go beneath half, and when I fill up I always add a drop of Millers Diesel Power Ecomax and the car goes like a rocket.

had the car set off next to allot of cars and it leave them in the dust, im talking new A3's, 3 series Mercedes A Classes, allot of my friends think the cars been remapped up to its teeth, its just looked after and has money spent on its fuels and oils to keep it at its best, I carry out a full service every 6 months, new filters and oils all round keep the car in tip top shape and it pays off.