Fault code Help Please

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
HappyGoLucky
New
Drives: 1.8 GTI

Fault code Help Please

Post by HappyGoLucky »

Hey guys,

Recently my alarm has been going off for no apparent reason (4 or 5 times in last 2 weeks) and i ran a scan on my car, came up with the three error codes B133029 - Anti-theft alarm system sensor, P091400 - Gear shift Position Circuit, B106213 - Right front bass speaker.

Any help on what to do to fix any of these codes would be much appreciated :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20180614-191407.jpg
Screenshot_20180614-191342.jpg
Screenshot_20180614-191036.jpg
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Fault code Help Please

Post by RUM4MO »

Ah, so you have bought a scan tool, and you are using it to identify faults, but don't know how to fix things, learning how to do that should be your next "must do".

Having a scan tool and not knowing how to use the information it is providing you with, is a bit like buying a tool kit then asking people how to fix your car by using some of that tool kit's contents.

I'm not trying to get smart here, but you should only be using a scan tool to help you find out what is wrong with the car, and not for being able to list/quote read faults unless you have the experience to work using that info, sorry if I've picked you up wrong there though.
HappyGoLucky
New

Post by HappyGoLucky »

Thanks for your help RUM4MO, totally most useful thing i have ever read. I got it so i could see if it came up with any faults for the alarm system and now it has i can work out how to fix it. Without having the scanning tool, I wouldn't know if it had a fault and i might have been wasting my time in trying to fix something that isn't broken.

How do you expect people to learn things without asking questions? Sorry we don't all do everything your way...instead of being a patronising old man, why don't you help people instead of acting like a stupid know-it-all. If you don't know anything, then stay quiet...
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that giving useful advice on fault codes is really a very dangerous way to be helpful, some of your codes are explained already, so take it from there, that is how you learn, once people see that you have moved on in car knowhow, then they will have confidence to help you- that is the way things are in this sort of thing.
HappyGoLucky
New

Post by HappyGoLucky »

to be honest, the one about gear shift position cicuirt and bass speaker i dont care about because they are intermittent and have only happened once or twice.

The alarm i want fixed because its going off randomly at any time night or day. Any help is better than you responding saying go learn then come back and ask.

I'm trying to learn by asking questions....
Last edited by HappyGoLucky on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Okay, which scan tool are you using, and is it one that will give you good coverage for VW Group cars?
HappyGoLucky
New

Post by HappyGoLucky »

I'm using OBDEleven Pro version so can do long coding
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

If I were you I'd be joining their support forum if they have one, they should be able to expand on how/why these codes could be getting logged.

Have you tried Googling these fault codes, if the alarm is pointing to a sensor which one is it, I use VCDS and it maybe works better to point to which sensor a given code relates to, otherwise you will continue to just need to guess - which is not clever.