How to turn off 2 cylinder mode

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Blairzxy
New
Drives: Polo blue Gt

How to turn off 2 cylinder mode

Post by Blairzxy »

Does anyone know how I can turn the 2 cylinder mode off or where would be able to do it on the polo blue gt.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: How to turn off 2 cylinder mode

Post by peter_dk25 »

I had mine turned off in connection with a remap. Can't be done by VCDS.
Blairzxy
New

Post by Blairzxy »

I’m going to be getting mine remapped by revo so hopefully they can turn it off then.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

BSR did mine
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Why do you want to turn it off?
Blairzxy
New

Post by Blairzxy »

Because I don’t care about my mpg and I got a new exhaust and it makes a really annoying droning noise when it goes into 2 cylinder mode
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Who did your exhaust for you? When you looking at the revo remap?
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Thanks for the explanation, seems a shame that all the hours of design and development can be cancelled out by a poorly designed exhaust system but I guess that’s life.
Blairzxy
New

Post by Blairzxy »

Ricmondo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 pm Thanks for the explanation, seems a shame that all the hours of design and development can be cancelled out by a poorly designed exhaust system but I guess that’s life.
People like you really annoy me on forums you don’t actually have an answer or anything to actually contribute and if I want to turn it off I will turn it off that’s my choice, Also there is nothing wrong with my exhaust it’s because I got the back box removed so it’s obviously going to make a different tone when it shuts off 2 cylinders sorry I never asked for your approval buddy. See if you just had asked why I wanted it off then said oh alright or something instead of your cheeky judgemental remark.
Blairzxy
New

Post by Blairzxy »

PoloBlueGT wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm Who did your exhaust for you? When you looking at the revo remap?
It was a custom exhaust place near me and to be fair it’s not really a dronning noise it’s more just different tone which is annoying I’d rather it would just stay the same. But I’m looking to get the revo map done probably in September or October.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Yeah I was looking at a custom exhaust from pipewerx and a revo tune. Will be interesting to see what figures you are running. You will have to keep us informed. Is your GT DSG/manual?
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Blairzxy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:59 am
Ricmondo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 pm Thanks for the explanation, seems a shame that all the hours of design and development can be cancelled out by a poorly designed exhaust system but I guess that’s life.
People like you really annoy me on forums you don’t actually have an answer or anything to actually contribute and if I want to turn it off I will turn it off that’s my choice, Also there is nothing wrong with my exhaust it’s because I got the back box removed so it’s obviously going to make a different tone when it shuts off 2 cylinders sorry I never asked for your approval buddy. See if you just had asked why I wanted it off then said oh alright or something instead of your cheeky judgemental remark.
What you don’t seem to understand is that these forums are not all about you but are intended to share information. I couldn’t care a dot about what you choose to do with your car, Any judgement is in your febrile imagination I was merely interested in why you wished to turn off the feature.

I’m sorry that innocuous enquiries really annoy you, perhaps taking a step back and editing out your misconceptions would help calm you down.

I understand why you are protective about your exhaust change, you made a choice that produces a noise that annoys you, obviously a well designed system wouldn’t do so but no need to take your frustrations out on me. If you like the system and how it performs I’m happy for you.

Read the comments again and think about why forums like this exist.
Blairzxy
New

Post by Blairzxy »

Yeah I’m looking forward to what figures I’m going to get because I have never actually seen anyone with a revo tune on the Blue Gt before I know obviously people have it just never seen any figures. And I have a manual.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Yeah people must have it but again I haven’t seen the figures. I’ve got a DSG So obviously slightly different as to the the torque figures
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I removed a post here. Gents, please treat each other respectfully and mature. I agree with Ricmondo, these forums exist for the purpose of information sharing and discussion.