Fayebae’s Polo GT UPDATESSSS!!!!!!!!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy1273
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.2 tsi polo

Re: My New POLO GT

Post by Andy1273 »

MarkoPolo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:48 am Snap! (kinda) :wink:

I've had mine just under a month now, can't fault the car at all. I've got the older 6R, 6 speed with 148bhp.

Loads of fun to drive.

Look after it!
Nice side skirts, are these the same as the r line ones?
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Can anyone tell me which DSG box is in the Blue GT? Is it the DQ200?
Any help would be appreciated.
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

Post by FAYBAE »

Think so mate, its the s**t box of the lot, well not s**t but not as strong as the others out of the 2.0l lol! :!:
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

PoloBlueGT wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:11 pm Can anyone tell me which DSG box is in the Blue GT? Is it the DQ200?
Any help would be appreciated.
They had recalls on all of them because of the lubricants they used effected the electrics within the box, also it used to overheat in hot weather when stopping and starting due to cooling, so I've read. Apparently they've fixed all the issues now.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

That’s interesting as I’ve had mine since new and no one has ever told me of a recall and this includes when it has been in for work? I mean I’m now nearly 53k down the line and touch wood the box has been amazing and I don’t drive like miss daisy. Should I of been contacted?
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

PoloBlueGT wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 pm That’s interesting as I’ve had mine since new and no one has ever told me of a recall and this includes when it has been in for work? I mean I’m now nearly 53k down the line and touch wood the box has been amazing and I don’t drive like miss daisy. Should I of been contacted?
2.3 Million cars were effected, a lot were the 1.2l, I'm sure if yours was one of them you would of had a recall. What year is yours mate?

I'm glad you've had no issues, the mrs drives like miss daisy but I like to sometimes get it up to operating temp hahah! :oops:
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Mine is 14 plate, I might ask them about it when it goes in for an air con regas.

There is a company that will tune the DQ200 box for quicker gear changes, harder launches etc
dxg

Post by dxg »

Great choice of car!

(I pick mine up tomorrow...)
Mike Austin
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Mike Austin »

MarkoPolo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm I've only just changed from a Ford Fiesta 1.2L at 82bhp so to jump to 148bhp, I'm happy at the moment haha :lol:
I am also happy with the standard power of my Blue GT. However, what I would like is more instantaneous throttle response. Stepping on the gas, there always seems to be a delay on 'modern' cars of maybe a second or so before the power comes in. I found this delay on the Fabia Mk2, tsi and vrs models. But my old 2.0i Fabia Mk1 had instant response. Any recommendations?
dxg

Post by dxg »

Keep the revs up so the turbo's always spooled... ;)
Mike Austin
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Mike Austin »

dxg wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 pm Keep the revs up so the turbo's always spooled... ;)
The delay I refer to is while the engine is at the same revs. That is, there is no change of speed for a second or so - neither engine speed nor road speed - and then it kicks in. I know that I could rev the engine and dump the clutch in, but it would be nice to be smoother and quieter.
FAYBAE
Getting There!

Post by FAYBAE »

Mike Austin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:25 pm
dxg wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 pm Keep the revs up so the turbo's always spooled... ;)
The delay I refer to is while the engine is at the same revs. That is, there is no change of speed for a second or so - neither engine speed nor road speed - and then it kicks in. I know that I could rev the engine and dump the clutch in, but it would be nice to be smoother and quieter.
A remap would improve driveability such as throttle response, smoother RPMS and better economy, it also wouldn’t need to change gear as much due to having more torque.

Gearbox remaps are good and do make a difference however this comes at a price, stage 1 REVO is £450 and I would imagine it would be the same price for a gearbox software tune, as I said before they don’t actually do any engine mods for these engines sadly so a stage 1 remap is the best you are going to get, if your not bothered with legalities 2.5 inch decat down pipe exhaust system would let the engine rev a bit easier, however the way to go about that is paying for a custom system which I looked into and it’s around a good £600+ for a decent system.

I’m looking at getting a GTI 6C miltek cat back and fitting that, any changes it may need to get it fitted nicely the exhaust place can cater for.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

I actually looked into a custom exhaust from Pipewerx who have nothing but glowing reviews and they have quoted me £450ish fitted with a lifetime guarantee (stainless steel)
A remap from Celtic tuning for the DQ200 is £195.00
MarkoPolo
New
Drives: 6R Polo Blue GT

Post by MarkoPolo »

Andy1273 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 pm Nice side skirts, are these the same as the r line ones?
I think so, someone else mentioned it on another post. I'd have to find out for definite.

Mike Austin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 pm I am also happy with the standard power of my Blue GT. However, what I would like is more instantaneous throttle response. Stepping on the gas, there always seems to be a delay on 'modern' cars of maybe a second or so before the power comes in. I found this delay on the Fabia Mk2, tsi and vrs models. But my old 2.0i Fabia Mk1 had instant response. Any recommendations?
Yea, I get that too.
I'm not too bothered by it if I'm honest. I just put it down to having too much of a heavy right foot and it's taking a second to keep up with me :wink:
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Mike Austin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 pm
MarkoPolo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm I've only just changed from a Ford Fiesta 1.2L at 82bhp so to jump to 148bhp, I'm happy at the moment haha :lol:
I am also happy with the standard power of my Blue GT. However, what I would like is more instantaneous throttle response. Stepping on the gas, there always seems to be a delay on 'modern' cars of maybe a second or so before the power comes in. I found this delay on the Fabia Mk2, tsi and vrs models. But my old 2.0i Fabia Mk1 had instant response. Any recommendations?
Try this: https://www.racechip.de/gaspedal-tuning/xlr.html
You won't be disappointed - I have it in my Blue GT - BIG difference.