New member Newcastle 2015 GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GTI34
New
Drives: 2015 GTI

New member Newcastle 2015 GTI

Post by GTI34 »

Hi there thought I’d say hello ! I’ve owned various vag cars an r32 being my last. I’ve had my 2015 GTI 2 years now and thought it was about time to join a forum. The cars pretty much standard looking and running a custom stage 1 map. I’m due to fit white line Lowering springs tomorrow and I’ll post up some photos. Fitted a cobra cat back system last week and it sounds brilliant ! Just waiting on the downpipe and sports cat ready for apr stage 2 next week ! Also fitting an updated Sachs clutch for peace of mind ! It would be nice to get talking
To some guys on here so bye for now !
Naill
LawrenceDGraham
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2016

Re: New member Newcastle 2015 GTI

Post by LawrenceDGraham »

Welcome mate another gti in the northeast great what bhp you running at the minute and hopefully looking too get ?
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Post by Gee40 »

Hi Niall

Great to read there is another GTI owner on here. Like you have had more VAG cars than I care to admit and love the looks, quality and dynamics of VW's and Audi's. As a teenager your were either in the Golf GTI or XR3i camp with me being firmly in the VW camp where I remain to this day with a 6c GTI and Mk1 Golf GTI.

I love the Polo but have being thinking of a stage 1 remap and would love to know which Sachs clutch you went for - the organic uprated clutch ? and if so can you tell any difference in pedal feel. I don't want anything like a race clutch as my wife drives the car regularly and would be none too impressed if she has to go weight training to use the clutch.

Cheers Simon
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i'm going to be going for the organic sachs clutch.

the sintered one is supposed to be a bit harsh (on or off) and not recommended for daily use.

haven't found out how much stiffer the sachs uprated clutch is.