Multifunction Steering Wheel backlight with ignition OFF

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
7he4Ce
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI 2014

Multifunction Steering Wheel backlight with ignition OFF

Post by 7he4Ce »

Hello everybody!!

I just successfully completed a retrofit of a Scirocco MFSW to my 2014 6R, following the valuable advice found in many threads, from the very knowledgeable members around here. :) I cannot stress enough how thankful i am for you making this possible, you know who you are!

The wheel itself looks just like this one:

It has 1K8 959 442 buttons (red backlight, no cruise control).

It has a 5G0 880 201 AC HVF/03S airbag with 2 ground points, and the airbag wiring loom is 7E0 971 584 C so that the horn works.

I upgraded my BCM to a 6R0 937 087 AB made in 2017, so that the mfsw buttons illuminate.

My stalks have no CC buttons, and also no TRIP buttons to avoid control conflicts with the mfsw buttons.

I got fused power (2A) from sb10 (terminal 15) to slip ring connector T41/9.
I got LIN from the white BCM connector T73b/17 to slip ring connector T41/10.

I finally ticked the "Multifunction Steering wheel" checkbox at "Central Electrics" long coding.

Here is the BCM coding:

Here is the steering wheel control module's coding:

No fault codes in the autoscan.
The buttons operate correctly (..apart from "menu" because i have a midline IC display, that's normal), and they also illuminate correctly with the ignition ON.

All good, but here is my question:

Ignition switch ON + Headlight switch to Park/Highbeam ---> red interior lighting is ON , MFSW button lighting is ON , MFSW buttons work
(nothing wrong here, all good)

Ignition switch OFF + Headlight switch to Park/Highbeam ---> red interior lighting is ON , MFSW button lighting is OFF , MFSW buttons DONT work
(is this normal behavior?)

The interior buttons, switches, IC , all light up when the headlight switch is in any of the ON positions, but the MFSW buttons remain unlit and dont match the rest of the instruments.

(I got a standard headlight switch: OFF/Park/Headlights/RearFog, and standard H4 single halogen headlights).

Can anybody shed some light :roll: :D to this issue???

TLDR;
Successfully retrofitted MFSW with all the right supporting components and wiring, and it operates.
With ignition OFF, and headlight switch ON, shouldnt the MFSW buttons backlight turn ON along with the rest of the interior instrument backlights? It does turn on with ignition ON though, as it should.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Multifunction Steering Wheel backlight with ignition OFF

Post by ciclo »

Everything is fine, as it should be. (+15 SB10b = ignition switch ON)