2 holes in exhaust

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
greypolo
New
Drives: 2010 POLO 1.6 TDI

2 holes in exhaust

Post by greypolo »

Hi Guys, So my car has been making a louder noise than normal and I believe it might be because i have 2 holes in my exhaust. The past few weeks my check engine light has come and which i got diagnosed and it was reading as the diesel pressure sensor. Could having 2 holes in my exhaust trigger this sensor to go off? The diagnostic guy didn't ramp my car so is unaware of the holes and I'm booked in for a new sensor but I'm thinking It's probably a new exhaust I need instead?

It worth noting the check engine light only comes on like once every 10 days then goes off again? So I think this could be what is triggering it. I'm not very good with cars so I'm not sure if the exhaust and sensor could be related or not?

Am i right in thinking the louder noise will be from my exhaust? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Re: 2 holes in exhaust

Post by Willni »

Yep you're correct, generally the Engine light coming on and off is the exhaust. I'd put money on it as the polo's exhaust all seem to rust very quickly. You could take it to a car wash that has mot ramps and have a look yourself, just to confirm it in the mean time. I'd recommend getting a custom stainless steel exhaust (same spec as standard though) if you're keeping the car for the foreseeable future so it won't rust out on you again.