vagcom, carista, obdeleven tweaks

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

vagcom, carista, obdeleven tweaks

Post by JaegerStriker »

has anyone made a complete list of the tweaks that can be done on either of these systems?

would be great to have an all in one list of codes for people to use

feel free to use this post as a start of one if there isnt one
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Re: vagcom, carista, obdeleven tweaks

Post by Willni »

Vag-com consists of pretty much everything but requires extras for coding clocks and keys.

Carista is alright has most of the small tweaks for the average user

I haven't used obdeleven, but Vag-Com from Ross-Tech is the best by miles
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Ok what kinds of tweaks can carista do and how long ago did you use it and on what vehicle, Im wondering about carista myself
massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Post by massimo23 »

Hi i am using obdeleven. I have changed coding and adaptions in every control module in my car. It is a great tool and there is alot of information on obd forums and obd fb with tons of coding. I paid 70€ For the odb dongle and a code that activates the pro version. Also there is no limit on how many cars you can use it on. You can backup all your controls and save it and view it on your pc. Or ipad. You need an android touch device at the moment to connect to the obd device but an ios version is tested right now. Any coding thats available on the rosstech is possible on obdeleven.
It also has a history log so any changes you make will be visible there. Carista doesnt do coding and you pay a monthly or yearly rate.
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

Ok thanks for testing them all for the rest of us, do you have any idea how long a fully functioning apple version of obd eleven will take to come out, Imean I know that no-one has a crystal ball but like weeks months or years?
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

It will take a few months for ios version. I was lucky i had an android device at home. I would prefer to use ipad and iphone as those are my main device use.
i will post some coding i did on my polo that can be done either with vag or obdeleven👍
idriveapolo

Post by idriveapolo »

I can wait that long for ios device compatibility, I dont think i could stand a microsoft or an android device for that long though, with or without usefull software on it.

Im a bit between computers and internet at moment and am at the stage of considering what will work with what etc but in no case do I want windows again and see android as only a minimal improvement.

BTW Has anyone got anywhere with Linux on volkswagen cars?
Andy1273
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.2 tsi polo

Post by Andy1273 »

massimo23 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm It will take a few months for ios version. I was lucky i had an android device at home. I would prefer to use ipad and iphone as those are my main device use.
i will post some coding i did on my polo that can be done either with vag or obdeleven👍
I've just purchased the obdeleven, please share your tweaks and tips
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

I will show you the different codings of polo 6c by module: So you select Control Units which will visualise all the units available in the car.
Some coding work instantly while others need the car to be switched off and restarted. Tested most of these on my polo 6c Beats 2017.

Select Module 09 - Central Electrics
Select Security access and enter access code: 31347 (Only needs to be done once while in the module)

Heating time of the rear window: (can change the time that warming in the rear window is active):
Go to Adaptation and select Window Heater then set the option Heckscheibenheizung zeitwert to 100 s (or more)

Rear wiper setting in the menu: Adds option for enable/disable rear wiper on reverse in the Wiper menu:
Go to Adaptation and select Rear Window Wiperthen set the option Menuesteuerung konfortwischen HW to Active

Comfort Windows: Open/Close windows from remote fob (hold press open button until windows open or close button for windows close)
Go to Adaptation and select Access Control 2 then set the following options:
Comfort opening = active
Comfort closing = active
Funk komfort oeffnen = active
Funk komfort schilessen = active
Menuesteuerung komfortbedienung einstellbar = adjustable (option becomes available in the menu screen that allows this function to be enabled/disabled)

Lock Acknowlegde with Horn (Setting appears in Opening and Closing Menu)
Go to Adaptation and select Acknowledement Signals then set the following options:
Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegeln = Active
Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln = Active
Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active
Akustische Rueckmeldung global = Active
Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn = Active
Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn = Kurz (Short)

DLR Only in Auto Mode:
Go to Adaptation and select Daytime running lights then set the option Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO to Active
Drl active when handbrake is released:
Go to Adaptation and select Daytime running lights then set the option Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten to Active
DLR Control setting on Car Menu
Go to Adaptation and select Daytime running lights then set the option Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich to Active

Speed Regulation of Cornering lights: (Speed bracket for when the cornering lights will work)
Go to Adaptation and select Static AFS light then change the desired options:
Untere geschwindigkeitsschwelle: Change to the minimum desired value (Default is 0.0 km/h)
Obere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle: Change value to maximum desired value (Default is 40 Km/h)

Coming Home/Leaving Home Options:
CH activates when you turn ignition off and open the driver door with light position set to Auto:
Go to Adaptation and select Comfort Illumination then set the option: Coming Home Verbaustatus to Automatic

Change the CH activation from open door option to ignition off option:
Go to Adaptation and select Comfort Illumination then set the option: Coming-home Einschaltereignis to Driver door (default) or Ignition

Set Auto-lock doors to when speed reaches 15km/h:
Go to Adaptation and select Access Control then set the option: Automatisches Verriegeln bei Geschwindigkeit to Active

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Module 17 - DashBoard:
Select Security access and enter access code: 25327 (Only needs to be done once while in the module)

Activate Staging(Needle sweep):
Tap Long Coding and in the menu set the option Staging to On
Do the same to the option lap counter set it to On.

To modify the seat belt warning chime:
In the same Long Coding Menu tap on Seat Belt warning and choose one of the following options: version 1(Default),version 2 or off

To activate the speed warning and also the speed limit:
Go to Adaptation: Tap on Speed Warning and select one of the two options: Active or Off (default) - Change the speed value to the desired speed limit.

To display the Lap timer on the dashboard display:
Go to Adaption: Tap on Lap Counter and select Display

To display the digital speedo on the dashboard display: (If set to active option becomes available in menu settings - Instrument Cluster)
Go to Adaption: Tap on Digital speedometer and select Active

To display the Oil Temperature on the dashboard display:(If set to active option becomes available in menu settings - Instrument Cluster)
Go to Adaption: Tap on Oil Temperature Display and select Active

To display the refuel quantity on the dashboard display:(If set to active option becomes available in menu settings - Instrument Cluster)
Go to Long Coding Menu tap on Volume to be replenished and select On

To Set or Remove "the Ignition switched on" warning on the dashboard display (when ignition is on and door open):
Go to Adaption: Tap on Ignition Active message, actuator and select one of the options: No Display - Driver Door - All Doors

Modify temperature warning of possible danger ice:
Go to Adaption: Tap on Outside_temperature and change the following options:
P exit temperature ice warning to desired value (6 ° C Default)
P ice warning entry temperature to desired value (4 ° C Default)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Module 19 - Gateway:

Disable Start/Stop:
Go to Adaption: Tap on Start/stop start voltage limit and set value to 12 V (Default: 7.6 V)

Select Module 44 - Steering Assistance:

Direct Acceleration - Throttle response: (Change the behavior of the accelerator)
Go to Adaptation and tap on Driving profile Switchover and select one of the following options:
Incremental, controlled over time
Direct, controlled over threshold value

Select Module 5F - Information Control Unit(Radio unit):
Select Security access and enter access code: 20103 (Only needs to be done once while in the module)

Enable Developer Mode Menu in Radio Unit:
Go To Adaptation and set Developer mode to Activated. (It might be necessary to reset the radio unit)
Then just hold press the Menu button until the developer mode menu appears.

Hide/Show band RADIO AM:
Go to Long Coding menu and change the following option: Byte_14_AM_Disable to one of these options: Activated (hidden) or Not activated

Enable Driving School Mode in car menu:
Go To Adaptation, Select Car Function Adaptations Gen 2 and change the following options:
Menu_display_driving_school = Activated
Menu_display_driving_school_over_threshold = Activated
Then go back to Adaptation and Select Car List Function CAN Gen 2 and change the following options:
Driving_school = Available
Driving_school-bus_msg = Comfort data bus

Menu Display Compass: - Off Road with and without NAVI
Go to Adaptation and select Car Function Adaptations Gen 2 and change the following options:
Menu compass display = ON
Menu display compass over threshold = ON
Then go to long coding and change the following option Byte_24_Navigation_System to Activated.
if you have Navi then you get everything working like compass, altitude, angle of wheels, oil temp and water temp.
If you don't have navi only Angle of wheels, oil temp and water temp will work and you will get a low priority fault in 5F.
massimo23
Bronze Member

Post by massimo23 »

Anyone interested I found how to disable the interior lightning except the trunk light when the door boot is open:

Select Module 09 - Central Electrics
Select Security access and enter access code: 31347

Go to Adaptation and select Interior lighting then change the setting in:
Innenlicht bei offenem Heckdeckel einschalten from active to inactive
mehmetevo
New
Drives: 2015 1.2tsi

Post by mehmetevo »

hi everybody,
l have 2015 POLO 1.2 tsi. l want to do something with vagcom.
there is no fog light in the vehicle, there is daytime running light and how to do corner light with drl light,
can you help for vagcom coding?
Slider09
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.2 SE

Post by Slider09 »

My Golf has a feature where the near side mirror dips when reverse is selected, then returns to the previous position when driving forward.

Can this feature be turned on for the Polo 6C (2015 car)?

Thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'm guessing here, but I think that that function can only be enabled on cars with maybe electric seats with memory and maybe even also power folding mirrors - so that means it probably needs a higher level BCM to support that function - but as I said, all a bit of guessing on my part, plus with some or many VW Group cars, this function does not seem to function exactly as described if retro enabled, ie return position seems random, again not from experience just reading too many VW Group motoring forum threads!
Poloobs
New
Drives: 1.4 2013

Post by Poloobs »

Hey, does anyone know how I can increase the rpm on polo (2013) using obdeleven? Just want to increase some of the response of the car. I'm aware that I will be able to increase 50rpm, but not sure how to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.