MY2015 Polo 6C EVAP error

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TolgaE
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI

Re: MY2015 Polo 6C EVAP error

Post by TolgaE »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 pm I've now managed to read the part number on the factory fitted EVAP valve on my wife's late July build 5 door Polo 1.2TSI 110PS and it is a Valeo made valve and its part number is 06D 133 517B.
Thanks, that confirms that I bought the right product! I'm guessing mine would be the same too ofcourse.
TolgaE
New

Post by TolgaE »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 pm I've now managed to read the part number on the factory fitted EVAP valve on my wife's late July build 5 door Polo 1.2TSI 110PS and it is a Valeo made valve and its part number is 06D 133 517B.
Did you manage to get the hard unribbed plastic loose on the bottom? I can't manage to get even a millimeter of movement on it..
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I handed my wif’s Polo in to the VW under warranty to get them to remove the top ribbed pipe, so I have not worked on these pipes.
Maybe you need to heat/warm the pipe up using a hair drier?

Edit:- maybe this is why, on these cars, the valve is not listed as an individual part, it will just be listed as part of a pipe assembly?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

This is a nuisance as that valve is used on many other VW Group cars over the years, but obviously on these other applications both pipes can be removed easily!
When I checked that valve part number on a VW Group parts listing, Vw Polo 6C was not listed nor was Skoda Fabia MK3 or SEAT Ibiza 6J, I think that what you have discovered explains why, ie on these cars and maybe some other newer cars, the valve is supplied with a pipe fixed to it!
Maybe have a look at the other end of that pipe to see if it can be removed from the inlet area, if so maybe you will need to get your supplying dealer to accept it back and re-order the correct pipe with valve assembly?
TolgaE
New

Post by TolgaE »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm This is a nuisance as that valve is used on many other VW Group cars over the years, but obviously on these other applications both pipes can be removed easily!
When I checked that valve part number on a VW Group parts listing, Vw Polo 6C was not listed nor was Skoda Fabia MK3 or SEAT Ibiza 6J, I think that what you have discovered explains why, ie on these cars and maybe some other newer cars, the valve is supplied with a pipe fixed to it!
Maybe have a look at the other end of that pipe to see if it can be removed from the inlet area, if so maybe you will need to get your supplying dealer to accept it back and re-order the correct pipe with valve assembly?
The valve is indeed fixed onto the pipe. I connected my new valve next to the old valve and I still got the error. This means it could be a wiring issue and not an malfunctioning N80. Do you perhaps know how to check this?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry I missed seeing this posting until now.

No I can't think of where the wiring problem might be, other than examining the cable harness round about that area.

You seem to be the unfortunate first person to have to report this problem! (and I am also on the Skoda Fabia and SEAT Ibiza forums as well with no one reporting this issue)