Boost gauge

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Seanmckay23
New
Drives: Blue gt

Boost gauge

Post by Seanmckay23 »

Where can i buy a vent holder for my rhd polo or am i better buying a universal boost gauge and fitting it to my dash ?
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: Boost gauge

Post by cheba »

I bought a LHD holder from a seller on ebay, but the seller also has an RHD version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Polo-6R-UK- ... itleDesc=0

Note that you may have to do some light sanding to smooth it out, and spray paint it semi-matt black to match the factory vents.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

he simply mirrored the picutre :mrgreen:
Seanmckay23
New
Drives: Blue gt

Post by Seanmckay23 »

Thanks for the reply was looking at getting a standard one and putting it on my dash but wasnt sure what to go for.
Trying to find a vented one in the uk is impossible.
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

Seanmckay23 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm Thanks for the reply was looking at getting a standard one and putting it on my dash but wasnt sure what to go for.
Trying to find a vented one in the uk is impossible.
Yes, they are pretty much non-existent for the Polo. I searched for a long while but never found anything, only photos of a 3D printed DIY RHD vent holder on a South African forum, until that Spanish seller on Ebay started selling them.

What makes it extra hard to find aftermarket parts for the Polo is that some of the manufacturers are American, and they don't have the Polo there (for example NewSouth Performance which made my boost gauge, they have vent holders for other cars but not the Polo.