USB ports on GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Knox123
New
Drives: Mazda 2

USB ports on GTI

Post by Knox123 »

Am looking to buy a Polo GTI 1.8 DSG. Can anyone confirm how many USB ports it has? where is it located? and also the amps it can supply? enough to charge smartphone I hope? I am assume it standard 5V for USB. I ask because some cars USB ports only can drawn less than 0.5amps which is terrible

How good is the bluetooth hands free on it?
How likely is it to buy a second hand 1.8 which has rear parking sensors and built in VW sat nav? struggling to find any with this nationally.

can anyone tell me whether the Polo GTI is a 6R or 6C?

thanks very much
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: USB ports on GTI

Post by iichel »

A Polo GTI with the 1.8 TSI engine is a 6C. The other questions, I have no answer to.
Knox123
New
Drives: Mazda 2

Post by Knox123 »

much obliged to you.
Hopefully someone(s) will be able to answer my other questions
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

it has 1 usb port capable of 1A.

parking sensors are front and rear but should appear ofn a few cars. the sat nav might not be as easy to find as it was a fairly expensive option.
follows93
New
Drives: 6r Gti

Post by follows93 »

Knox123 wrote:Am looking to buy a Polo GTI 1.8 DSG. Can anyone confirm how many USB ports it has? where is it located? and also the amps it can supply? enough to charge smartphone I hope? I am assume it standard 5V for USB. I ask because some cars USB ports only can drawn less than 0.5amps which is terrible

How good is the bluetooth hands free on it?
How likely is it to buy a second hand 1.8 which has rear parking sensors and built in VW sat nav? struggling to find any with this nationally.

can anyone tell me whether the Polo GTI is a 6R or 6C?

thanks very much
Hi Mate,

I have a 6C 1.8T Gti with all this. The handsfree is pretty good, never had any complaints it sounded awful or anything. The USB port is in front of the gearstick so can reach screen/vent mounted equipment easily. Couldn't tell you how much it draws but it does charge at a steady pace.

I got lucky with the parking sensors and camera as all I was after was the cruise control.

Fantastic car though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Post by fleagal »

I know this is an old post but thought I'd answer anyway as I've just become a GTi owner and board member..

The USB port is at the very bottom of the centre of the dashboard. There is a small pocket behind it so you store a device such as an iPod which can link up via USB to your head unit.

The USB port will provide power to your smartphone but won't keep it juiced up if you are using satnav.

However, the USB is next to the AUX and also the 12v lighter socket. I just use a USB-C PD socket (www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075WSC1J9/) and run the cable up and over the the steering column to a screen mount for my phone. That does the trick.