Wipers turning on randomly

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Wipers turning on randomly

Post by RUM4MO »

iichel wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 am I believe you'll find that to be the company "Sanden" ;) They are one of the companies making aircon compressors, besides Bosch, Denso and Continental.
Hum, I thought that but hoped I was wrong and it was just due to a "new" supplier whose name I had forgotten!
madjam6rc
New
Drives: 6RC (1.0 SE, 2014)

Post by madjam6rc »

Car now back from service and MOT. Air con condenser replaced under warranty (2nd time in 12m apparently) and now seemingly working OK (for now!). Work outside warranty would have been £200+.

Wiper stalk replaced. Seemingly quite a common issue too. Working OK (for now!). Work outside warranty would have been circa £200 apparently.

Car failed MOT on (just) a blown DRL bulb. Charged me £7 for that. Previously owned a Lexus who always replaced small bulbs for free (I miss Japanese and no nonsense customer service/honesty etc).

Software update done. Should clear why the car's interior lights come on randomly and Infotainment occasionally wouldn't turn off. Meh.

I managed to price match Skoda service price ..why does VW charge more for a Polo with same engine? Rip off. As part of the service it was vacuumed although it would appear whoever did this forgot to turn the vacuum cleaning device on.

Next year the car will be out of warranty so I'll be using an indie ... assuming I keep the car.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Excellent results, pity about VW and Skoda using differing service prices for same engine, Renault I believe used to use that approach for same engine in 3 different models also even for oil changes.

I would have expected that the condenser story would have been different, ie "sorry sir, stone damage, not covered by warranty" regardless of what the actual failure/leak was caused by.
madjam6rc
New
Drives: 6RC (1.0 SE, 2014)

Post by madjam6rc »

The condenser issue was apparently a battle with the warranty company but garage said they did it under 'goodwill'. Surely if these fail regularly all owners should get them sorted for free up to a certain age.

My experience with 'German reliability' has been tested a fair bit with the 4 German cars I have owned. Sure, all cars suffer problems but some a lot more than others it would seem.