2014 Polo 1.4 diesel low power

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Pete_Oz
New
Drives: 1.4 Diesel

2014 Polo 1.4 diesel low power

Post by Pete_Oz »

Hello folks, newbie here so please be gentle :wink:

My daughter has a low mileage 2014 VW Polo 1.4D (manual) which has a low power problem at low revs. Problem typically occurs when in 1st gear and pulling away from a standing start (eg at traffic lights) and can result in the engine stalling. Only way to avoid it stalling is to really rev the engine before releasing the clutch.

Garage has been asked to check a couple of times and not found a problem, however at the latest service they advised VW had issued an e-blast (???) to indicate that this is a known fault which requires a replacement clutch, flywheel and driveshaft at a cost of £1500!!!!!

Anyone had a similar problem or knowledge of a VW notification which might relate to replacement of clutch, flywheel and driveshaft?
Pete_Oz
New

Re: 2014 Polo 1.4 diesel low power

Post by Pete_Oz »

Anyone able to help or am I on my own?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hello, maybe not too many with TDI engines in their 6R/6C Polos - or those that have are not causing trouble.

So, maybe time to consider spreading the net and ask this same question on Briskoda.net, probably Fabia MK2 section and SeatCupra.net Ibiza MK5 section, nothing to lose and maybe lots to gain.

Also, probably best to include the engine code in any postings in these other forums as some people snap at you for failing to give all important details!

Edit:- maybe the term "e-blast" means that VW are coming to collect your wallet, they have to make lots of money somehow??
Pete_Oz
New

Post by Pete_Oz »

RUM4MO,

Thanks for the feedback. Will consider next steps