RCD210 to 330+ and DAB install

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
OL51ver
New
Drives: 1.2 S 5dr

RCD210 to 330+ and DAB install

Post by OL51ver »

Hello all,

New Polo owner here, recently bought a 2010 1.2 S 5dr from Autotrader. Very happy with the car so far, however I am finding the radio system is a little outdated (I appreciate it is 8 years old). I've had a quick look at options for upgrading and there is some very helpful guidance on your forum, however I'm struggling to find answers to everything I need before I jump in and buy a replacement.

The existing system is the RCD210 and ideally I would like to replace this with something like the RCD330, I understand this provides functions such as CarPlay and handsfree bluetooth connectivity and supports DAB radio etc. I've read the RCD330 is compatible with a 2010 Polo (model 6R), however could someone advise if this is not the case? Would this upgrade be a simple plug and play or would I need additional adapters and / or soldering experience? I understand I would need a Fakra antenna adapter? The following RCD330 was recommended on another post;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-5-Autoradi ... SwnCFZ~k-v

Ideally I would also like to set up the DAB input instead of relying on FM but this is where things seem to become a little more complicated. Whilst the RCD210 does not support DAB, I've read that the 6R can be adapted to provide DAB by changing the amplifier in the rear window lid (the diversity system) with something like the following;

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/nachrsts ... -vw-golf-6

Is this the case for the model of Polo I have or would I have to look at installing a new aerial?

If anyone can advise and help me get started I would be extremely grateful!
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: RCD210 to 330+ and DAB install

Post by cheba »

I don't own an RCD 330G but in my understanding, it does not support DAB, so installing a new aerial amplifier and cable won't help if the head unit doesn't have the hardware for it.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: RCD210 to 330+ and DAB install

Post by alexperkins »

Get a Pioneer SPH-DA130

These have CarPlay, Bluetooth and DAB and are excellent compared to the factory choices