Stalling

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Damien1997
New
Drives: Polo moda Mk5 2011

Stalling

Post by Damien1997 »

Hi, I am looking for help about my car when my engine is cold and I drive to the end of my street and put my clutch down to stop it’s causing it to stall. I have VW POLO MODA 1.2l (2011) I have had changed starter motor, gear box, clutch and my timing belt. Could it be spark plugs? Or oil pump?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Stalling

Post by iichel »

Could be anything. Fuel filter, air filter, clogged fuel tank, spark plugs, coils, leads, you name it.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Does it happen when the engine is up to operating temperature?

Does it shudder and stop or just fade out?

If it’s cold only it is probably related to the cold start enrichment settings or too low an idle speed. Fade out would point towards a fuelling issue.

If it shudders and stops perhaps your clutch is dragging, that is failing to disengage properly, if it’s a dragging clutch you would probably notice some resistance or grating sound when you put the car into first gear.

A lot of problems manifest themselves when the engine is cold and clearances are wide, as the engine heats up and expands some of the problems become less noticeable.

I hope you are able to solve it without having to spend more money, it sounds as though you have spent a lot already.
Damien1997
New
Drives: Polo moda Mk5 2011

Post by Damien1997 »

It doesn’t happen when engine reaches tempature just when cold and it fades out slowly doesn’t shudder or anything just see the dial dropping then cuts off.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Have the idle speed and cold start checked out, probably a faulty sensor or even a compromised electrical connection.