Re-coding the gear change indicator on dashboard to certain RPM?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Blacksmoke
New
Drives: VW Polo 6R_C 1.6 TDI BlueMotion CAYB

Re-coding the gear change indicator on dashboard to certain RPM?

Post by Blacksmoke »

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know how to re-code the gear change indicator arrow on the dashboard, so that is shows at certain RPM?

Currently, it suggests an up-shift at under 1800-1900RPM. If following the suggestion, I can feel that I am murdering my engine slowly.

So, how can I re-code the indicator, so that the arrow up shows on the MFD at 2400-2500RPM? :?:

Car: Polo 1.6 tdi BMT 2011

Thanks.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Re-coding the gear change indicator on dashboard to certain RPM?

Post by iichel »

I don't think it's possible
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I wonder if it is purely engine RPM that triggers these gear change warnings - I would think that it will be engine load and/or instantaneous fuel consumption as well as RPM or instead of engine RPM.

I think it is also set up for people that have a very slow working brain so that by the time you accept that you are being advised to change gear, it will be the correct time? (that was just a joke!)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Blacksmoke wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 am Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know how to re-code the gear change indicator arrow on the dashboard, so that is shows at certain RPM?

Currently, it suggests an up-shift at under 1800-1900RPM. If following the suggestion, I can feel that I am murdering my engine slowly.
Just ignore it and drive normally. IMO when to change gear shouldn’t be dictated by a gear change indicator. :)
gtsportms
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R

Post by gtsportms »

cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 am I wonder if it is purely engine RPM that triggers these gear change warnings - I would think that it will be engine load and/or instantaneous fuel consumption as well as RPM or instead of engine RPM.

I think it is also set up for people that have a very slow working brain so that by the time you accept that you are being advised to change gear, it will be the correct time? (that was just a joke!)
Yeah, it is definitely not dependent only on rpm but also on engine load and pedal inputs.