Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rico
New
Drives: vw polo 1.2 tsi 90 6r

General inquiry for VW POLO 6R 1_2 tsi 90Bhp

Post by rico »

Dear all.
My name is Vinay Navinchandra .

Thank you all for adding me to this nice form.

I am new comer to this forum and i would like to do general inquiry for my recent acquired vw polo 2016 generation .

I would like to hear from you reliability of vw polo tsi model from 2016 model as my experience is only with TDI (VW and Audi) for 15 years.

I started driving this engine from may this year and i have right now 20m in clock .

Regards
Vinay Navinchandra
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: General inquiry for VW POLO 6R 1_2 tsi 90Bhp

Post by iichel »

Hello Vinay and welcome to our forum. Your car is very likely a 6C, if it's from 2016. It's the facelifted 6R, it was on the market between 2014 and 2017.
The 1.2 TSI engines in these cars are very reliable (as was the previous generation). One of the minor issues, that affected mostly the first batches of cars, were the camshaft adjustment mechanisms. These operate the variable inlet timing camshaft. I believe the part has been revised quite quickly and shouldn't affect your model.

Otherwise, very reliable engines and cars. Congratulations on your new car, hope you'll enjoy it.
rico
New
Drives: vw polo 1.2 tsi 90 6r

Post by rico »

Dear Sir,

Thank you for very fast reply .

Only one thing i forgot in my previous inquiry which is :

If this engine is ready for software ECU upgrade to add more 20Bhp in order to bring to 110Bhp instead of 90Bhp (default) this because there is R-Line model with 105Bhp which according to my research seems to be same engine as 90Bhp in terms of mechanical parts (Turbo,intercooler,injectores and sensors).

Regards
Vinay Navinchandra
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Yes, the engine has been sold as CJZD with 81kW. However, one should keep in mind that this comes with some different mechanics such as brakes and gearbox.