Debadging question (holes)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
boldizsár.bátai
New

Debadging question (holes)

Post by boldizsár.bátai »

Hi,
I have a 2016 Polo the Facelift one (6c), and i really want to debadge the back. Not the big VW logo obviously, but the Polo, the TSI and the BlueMotion logos. Do you have any ideas, if it has those annoying little holes under them, or they are just on by adhesive?
Really would appreciate the help :)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Debadging question (holes)

Post by RUM4MO »

I'm sure that they are just held on with double side padded tape - but best to wait until someone who has removed these badges has confirmed that.
boldizsár.bátai
New

Thanks, yeah i think so too, but i couldn’t find any vids or pics, and our Mazda CX5 (2014) has the holes under the badges, so i just want to be safe :? I’d really appreciate someones comment who already removed them.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:55 pm I'm sure that they are just held on with double side padded tape - but best to wait until someone who has removed these badges has confirmed that.
I’m pretty sure too that they have an adhesive backing. With different badges for different models, if the badges had studs on the back that pushed through attachment holes in the tailgate, VW would have to produce multiple versions of the tailgate pressing with holes in different positions to accommodate different badges, depending on the model.
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Post by d-ash »

I've had mine removed by Deluxe Detailing.

All held on by adhesive. Remove by dragging a thread behind each letter to cut through the adhesive.

Then some solvent (to remove remaining adhesive), followed by polishing to blend in the paintwork and to remove any witness marks from the badges.

IMG_0210.JPG
Last edited by d-ash on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boldizsár.bátai
New

Thank you guys so much :D
john__m
New
Drives: polo gti 6c

Post by john__m »

they are held on with sticky tape. slightly heat them up with a hair dryer or heat gun, then using fishing line slide it behind the letters and use a light sawing action, letters fall off. remove excess
sticky tape with a tar remover.
kasapovic75
New
Drives: VW polo gti 2016

Post by kasapovic75 »

john__m wrote:they are held on with sticky tape. slightly heat them up with a hair dryer or heat gun, then using fishing line slide it behind the letters and use a light sawing action, letters fall off. remove excess
sticky tape with a tar remover.
Thats right. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk