Polo gti 6c DSG performance

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy_6C
New
Drives: 6c gti

Polo gti 6c DSG performance

Post by Andy_6C »

Any information on the max power you can get from the 6c dsg? I’ve heard people running stage 2 but not stage 3? Guessing with the gearbox problems 🤔
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Re: Polo gti 6c DSG performance

Post by Gee40 »

I don't think the limitation is power but instead its torque. Revo suggest 224lbft is the safe limit for the DSG 7 gearbox but I its not clear how they arrived at that figure as being safe. My concern would be longevity. I wouldn't be surprised if the DSG would initially operate at this level or more as I'm sure VW allowed some margin of error when they limited the gearbox to 185lbft in stock form, but how big unknown is the size of this margin and how long it would continue to handle this.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

You can get an uprated clutch pack for that allows for 470nm of torque iirc

Then you may still get problems with the mechatronics unit.
Andy_6C
New
Drives: 6c gti

Post by Andy_6C »

Thank you, I’ll keep looking into it and speak to a few tuning companies
OscarCorona
New

Post by OscarCorona »

I am running 300 HP on a Stage 2+ TVS Engineering DSG Remap
Works wonders for the car, feels quicker, more responsive, more fun to drive and best of all, the car feels more "safe" in terms of DSG behaviour.
πανοςκατοικος
New

Post by πανοςκατοικος »

Been talking to burger motorsports for the jb4 box they have. They say that the problem is the torque in low revs and the way dsg is mapped for low end torque and economy. Actually this should be correct, since driving in d, seems to put a lot of stress to the box. After talking to these guys, I understood that we need to rev up in order to protect longevity of our dsg. As for the tune, they add boost past 3500 for the same reasons. They are very informative, and I am counting days of warranty to try to give our dsg cars some glory our non dsg brothers already enjoy 8)