1.4 TDI 6c owners... anyone had one since launch?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
weezul
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 95se 2018

1.4 TDI 6c owners... anyone had one since launch?

Post by weezul »

As per title. I'm toying with the idea of keeping my 2015 car after PCP come May next year... It's super frugal, road tax free for life, my monthly payments will drop a bit if i pay the remainder off over three years using personal loan... Basically wondering if anyone got one before 2015, and has had good luck with it. It's my first car, ever. I got it brand new, have kept it serviced to spec and it passed it's first MOT. Already had two tyres changed as well.

But honestly, I don't know enough about the car to know if it will last another three+ years without troubles. Would love to hear people's opinions who have more experience with this car, and in general. I drive about 10k-12k miles a year.

The other option is to go to the dealer and look at upgrading, but I've been twice already. First time was for a Polo Match before the newer model came out so I passed, and second time I test drove the 1.0 TSI Polo 2018 and it felt horrible and slow compared to my current car (even though it has lower PS? Maybe it's a diesel thing, but as I say, this is my first car so what do I know)? It was also way more expensive, as they were trying to say my car was in negative equity and bundling that into the price. Not really up for paying extra just to be impatient so maybe will try this route again when my 4 years is complete.

Thanks!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Re: 1.4 TDI 6c owners... anyone had one since launch?

Post by joe6 »

Suggest you do a search on this forum - 1.4 TDI and look at the 6c results. It will give you some idea of any recurring faults. It will give you each response to an initial query so there will be a lot to sift through.
weezul
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 95se 2018

Re: 1.4 TDI 6c owners... anyone had one since launch?

Post by weezul »

I would love to search but the phrase 1.4 TDI is too common and the search is blocked, even with quotes! I found one thread about the water pump... I got mine changed under warranty... but some people are saying it happens again and again.... that's all I've found so far