Turbo fault

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Daversmth
New
Drives: 6c

Turbo fault

Post by Daversmth »

So my daughter has a 4 year old 1.2tsi with 10,000 miles on the clock.

We have already have had one failure where the windscreen wipers could not be switched off and this needed a complete new wiper/indicator column assembly.

We now have a poorly running engine with a EPC fault light and fault code P334B00 which is, I think, "charge pressure activation". I was told this was something to do with turbo pressure. The build quality to cause two faults on such a new car is truly disgusting. Thumbs up though to the local (not vw) garage who have investigated the fault code for no charge because further diagnostic and repair is beyond their capability.

Next step is to speak to vw dealer tomorrow and try to argue the case for an out of warranty repair at no or subsidised cost.

If anyone has any comments, they would be much appreciated.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Turbo fault

Post by RUM4MO »

It is a bit shameful and makes you think that VW Group products, especially small ones with engines by Skoda are not too good. I'm not sure but maybe the waste gate assembly can be replaced by itself, the turbos used in the original 6R Polos did cause issues but the turbos needed replacing due to the waste gate assembly needing to get recalibrated to the turbo, not a job that a VW workshop could do properly I think, so they always said turbo needs replacing, give us your wallet!

My wife has an August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS and I noticed today that there is a noise coming from somewhere at the rear of the engine - maybe.

That Polo being 4 years old and only running 10K miles, that sounds like it has only been used for very short runs, which is never good for any car and can accelerate wear or issues in many areas.
golffather
Getting There!

Post by golffather »

https://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... engine.pdf

Page 19 is probably what you need.
Make sure the acutator is free in movement

CHeck out this thread:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread ... Root-Cause

Also make sure theres no outstanding recalls:

Audi TPI# 2027809/9
VW TPI# 2027485/7

Based near Berks if you need any faults scanning
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

golffather, that is the wrong engine so the wrong type/version of turbo, these early ones did have issues, this later 1.2TSI engine is a 16V and the inlet and exhaust have swopped positions on the engine, this is an EA 211 family engine - I think.
Daversmth
New

Post by Daversmth »

Hi All,

Thank you all for the replies.

I arranged for the car to be recovered to the local vw dealer through her car insurance recovery cover. The recovery guy noticed a hose that had become disconnected ( don't have more details ). This extinguishdd the EPC light. So wait and see now if it is ok when she uses it.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Oh that is a nuisance, these charge hoses are hard plastic so probably it has broken a retaining clip off - or has it been serviced recently, at the 4 year point the air filter might have been replaced and to do that they would need to remove this charge duct and that would require the preformed retaining clips to be eased out - there is a tool for this job, lesser beings might just attack both sides with a large screwdriver maybe. What sort of garage carried out the 4 year major service on that car?
Daversmth
New

Post by Daversmth »

Service is due.
I will as them to check the hose clip when it goes in.
Thanks for the warning.