New Driver, first Polo. Composition media question

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jay935
New
Drives: 1.2 Match TSI

New Driver, first Polo. Composition media question

Post by Jay935 »

Hey guys, I appreciate this may have been addressed here before but cant seem to find it. Anyway, I just got my license and bought my first car, a 66 Plate VW polo match.
I really dont know the first thing about cars but have a question about the composition media. Having looked around the net, from what i can gather im not able to get app connect added to my composition media. Mine has the mute button on it and no mention of app connect on the display, which is fair enough. However there is also no mention of mirror link in the menu either. Anyone know if it is possible at all to get this on my system. As a new driver it would be really handy to be able to get a map up on the screen, and id prefer to not have to buy a designated sat nav device.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dont know if this is any help, but my system information is as follows...

Device part number: 3Q0035820A
Hardware: H24
Software: 0245

Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

Thanks in advance
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Re: New Driver, first Polo. Composition media question

Post by veteran »

The subject has been aired many times in these forums since about last October, and probably before that too. And there was a couple of threads on the subject just a matter of days ago. So, I suggest you simply scroll down through all the subjects in this Mk8/9 2009 -17 Forum and pick out and read any showing the keywords "sat nav", "composition media", "app connect", "infotainment system","head unit", and the like. There's little point in us repeating in this particular thread of yours all of what's been previously discussed, unless there's a different aspect to open up. I seem to recall that one of those past threads on sat nav installation concerned System Information details, which you've quoted here for your own vehicle, so that one might prove of particular interest to you.

Let us all know what conclusions you draw.
Jay935
New
Drives: 1.2 Match TSI

Post by Jay935 »

Wow, what an unfriendly forum lol. i looked through loads but i was asking about getting mirror link as i read app connect wasnt possible
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

I had mirror link from the factory and it only allows certain functions with certain apps.

I have changed my unit to one that allows for app connect but there still may be issues with getting it enabled.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Hmmm - I have 66 plate (BlueGt) and the media unit has App-connect on it, so yours may just need a software upgrade. Perhaps you could ask your local VW dealer ?

my unit buttons

radio...….mute
media.....sound
phone.....car
voice......menu
------------------------------------- EDIT----------------

8 page thread on the OP's subject here

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691
muscles1960
New
Drives: 1.8 GTI 2017

Post by muscles1960 »

Jay935 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 am Hey guys, I appreciate this may have been addressed here before but cant seem to find it. Anyway, I just got my license and bought my first car, a 66 Plate VW polo match.
I really dont know the first thing about cars but have a question about the composition media. Having looked around the net, from what i can gather im not able to get app connect added to my composition media. Mine has the mute button on it and no mention of app connect on the display, which is fair enough. However there is also no mention of mirror link in the menu either. Anyone know if it is possible at all to get this on my system. As a new driver it would be really handy to be able to get a map up on the screen, and id prefer to not have to buy a designated sat nav device.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dont know if this is any help, but my system information is as follows...

Device part number: 3Q0035820A
Hardware: H24
Software: 0245

Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

Thanks in advance
My 2017 Polo GTI had same unit. Found replacement unit 3Q0035842B on Fleebay.
Once fitted needed coding to car due to Component Protection. I can recommend www.vagcarcoding.com where Alex connected remotely and successfully cleared the unit. He can also supply the necessary App-connect software and activate it for you. Find details on their Facebook page.