2015 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ShineyStar1
New
Drives: 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo

2015 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo

Post by ShineyStar1 »

Hi Guys, i am new to the forum and have read a few previous posts and it looks like this may be a common issue!
I bought my 2015 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo in June 2017, by July it was overheating, i took it back to Evans Halshaw where i purchased the car who sent it to a local VW Pullman garage and the Water Pump was replaced under warranty. Fast forward 17 months and the same problem has occurred, it is in the same garage today to have a diagnostic test, however i am pretty confident it is the same thing as the exact same issues have cropped up. VW have told me that because the Pump was fitted under warranty it is not covered at all and i will now need to fully pay for a new Water Pump, regardless of the fact it is only 17 months old. They Kindly told me even if i had contributed £1 the pump would have been guaranteed for 2 years! They did fail to mention that at the time though!!!!!!
I have been quoted £420 for parts and labour and £60 for the diagnostic test.
I must admit i do not know much about cars or car dealerships, so can anyone advise if this sounds correct?!?! They could honestly be telling me anything. They did tell me that i can contact VW customer Care and they may offer me a gesture of good will towards the part, has anyone had any experience of this? what to say?
Of course i am hoping for a simple and easy to fix problem, but my luck certainly does not allow for that!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: 2015 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo

Post by SRGTD »

Hi Shineystar1; Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having.

The terms and conditions of VW’s new car warranty can be found at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/war ... conditions

I’ve copied the section of the terms and conditions that are relevant to your current situation and these are below.

Replacement parts warranty

All Volkswagen Original replacement parts carry a parts warranty for a period of 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of 2 years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The 2 year parts warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.

It does specifically state parts that have been fitted under warranty don’t have the benefit of the 2 year parts warranty - any such parts are covered from the time of fitting up to the end of the three year warranty that the car came with when it was first registered. So if your car is more than three years old, then unfortunately what you’ve been told seems to be correct.

In your position, I’d certainly pursue the option of getting VW to make a goodwill contribution towards the cost of repairs. If the problem is the replacement water pump, then you’d expect it to last longer than 17 months!

Good luck. Please keep us updated on how this progresses - hopefully with an outcome that you’re happy with.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I am guessing that this engine is the TDI, diesel fuel version - as I’m sure that the old 1.4 16V 86PS petrol engine disappeared when Polo was upgraded from 6R to 6C version.

So if it is, it would be handy is you or a moderator could change this thread title to reflect that fact as it would make any searches for common issues more efficient.

You do really need to get VW UK customer support involved with this ASAP and make sure that you ask and note down your handler’s name and the position they hold within VW UK - really to avoid any dismissal/denial later down the line.

Also if you have not done so, join the relevant earlier thread discussing this, if enough people owning Polo/Ibiza/Fabia collectively share their experiences then trading standards might just take note, this sort of repeat failure is not really expected and should not be accepted by owners as VW AG knew all about these water pump issues a very long time ago and continued to sell new cars with this designed in potential defect and don’t seem to have bothered to solve the initial design issue, which is probably still the sleeve that regulates the flow of coolant through the water pump.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

If this is really the 1.4TDI engine, please help yourself and others by taking the time to read the thread about Polo 1.4TSI overheating issues.

Edit:- correction to the above thread title:- 1.4TDI bluemotion, engine temperature overheat warning
ShineyStar1
New

Re: 2015 1.4 Blue Motion VW Polo 1.4 TDI

Post by ShineyStar1 »

Hello again,

yes it is a 1.4 TDI, sorry i am new to this and just rushing to get some help! i have changed the title.

Well i took my car in for a diagnostic test on Monday evening and collected it yesterday evening, i was told that they drove it for 50 miles and no issues occurred!!!!!!!!

I asked for Paperwork to explain the tests they had carried out etc but they said this would only be provided if a fault had been found?!?!?

SO..... i got in my car this morning to do the 20 minute drive to work and guess what, it is overheating and oil temp 112.

I rang the garage back who if i am honest think i am being paranoid who said they will just need to keep my car until the fault occurs which is all well an good but they cant provide me with a courtesy car until after the New Year. I have complained as the service i seem to be receiving from VW Pulman is not up to scratch, i am waiting for a call back.

HELP!!!!
ShineyStar1
New

1.4TDI bluemotion, engine temperature overheat warning

Post by ShineyStar1 »

a