Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
danikd
Getting There!
Drives: Citigo

Re: Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Post by danikd »

Plsssss guys! Is instr. cluster support necessary for this? Or It can be standalone system ? Many thx ... Daniel
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Post by benzinkopf »

danikd wrote:Plsssss guys! Is instr. cluster support necessary for this? Or It can be standalone system ? Many thx ... Daniel
Hi
really sorry. i kinda missed your first post.
Yes its standalone i believe. 7e0 bcm would be good. The IC maxidot (with some tweaks) enables the menu to switch on/off the system(without additional button) and to set the brightness of the side warning indicators. Without that, either u can install the button switch, or even without and change the brightness settings inside VCDS adaptation. Should not be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

BK, many thanks ... I will try it ...
So some questions :

1. Can I find 3th or 4th gen radar unit as you mantioned ? I will have 5F MIB2 unit, so any chance to sideassist? Or Golf 5Q units or stick with 7E0 units?
2. Citigo has never this units so I will have to muont/glue units to car body under bumper. Any photo of any car for angle-height reference?
3. Calibration is necessary?

Many many thanks.
BTW beautiful car you have!

Nice day.

Daniel
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

danikd wrote:BK, many thanks ... I will try it ...
So some questions :

1. Can I find 3th or 4th gen radar unit as you mantioned ? I will have 5F MIB2 unit, so any chance to sideassist? Or Golf 5Q units or stick with 7E0 units?
2. Citigo has never this units so I will have to muont/glue units to car body under bumper. Any photo of any car for angle-height reference?
3. Calibration is necessary?

Many many thanks.
BTW beautiful car you have!

Nice day.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel
for your question
1. I’m not really sure. but i’m using the 2nd gen i believe and this 2nd gen still need calibration as I mentioned before in this thread. FYi, ever since, i’m really busy havent manage to calibrate the radar just yet, but the system still works as it should tho. If not mistaken, madwarlock did install the 3rd/4th gen which will have auto calibration process built in. and it works he said. As this is considered standalone, i think its no harm to try.
2. Depending on the system/radar version, i think the angles are not the same but the way the radar works, thats why calibration process will help to adjust the angle accordingly even if its not right physically. For my radar, based on Audi Q7 SSP, its angled 3degree to the outside. maybe you can find exact ssp for your radar version.
3. see number 1.

danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Many thx ...
Autocalibration will be very helpfull.
Can you pls write 4th gen unit numbers? Or they are as on madwarlock photo - 5Q0 907 686A/685A ??? Dont know how where are different generation used :oops:
I can have Skoda SPP, so I try find it there.
Thx
Daniel
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

You may check the details on the sticker behind the radar. its normally written BSD2.0 or BSD3.0.

danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Thx Both 5Q0907685A/B and 5Q0907686A/B are BSD 3.0 and have autocalibration. I will order it and make harness.
How autocalibration works? For example, if I mount radar in bad position, a little wrong angle, will it work or VCDS throw error and I must move sensot to right position? I need any special calibration device for this units? Thx.
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

for automatic calibration, if the position is good, all you need is to drive around for few hundreds kilometers. I’m not sure the details.

error codes such as Missing Calibration and/or Limited Visibility may be there for such installation issues.

the best is to follow exactly the position how the original car with that radar being installed. And if you have access to dealership that can help calibrated the system using proper calibration tool (VAS 6350/4). you better visit them. or check my earlier post on how to get it done in DIY way. I learned from russian forum.

danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Many thx ... problem is that Citigo never had BSD, so no mount on car body ... I have friend at dealer garage ... maybe he can help me ...
Can you share link to russian forum?
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

danikd wrote:Many thx ... problem is that Citigo never had BSD, so no mount on car body ... I have friend at dealer garage ... maybe he can help me ...
Can you share link to russian forum?

here. its inside this guy “logbook”. But this link to another post from him using the dealer tool.

https://www.drive2.com/l/10127701/

try browse around. there’s another post before that where he showed how he managed to replicate the tool.

danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Many thx, no more questions, many thx for your time, time to study ...
Nice day!

Daniel
danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Hello,

I study many pages of different forums and Iam a little bit woried with retrofit. Same as here :
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... -retrofit/
is everywhere mntioned that if cluster doesnt support it, its impossible to enable it ...
You have car with supported cluster, but Citigo hasnt ...
I dont know if I want to sacrifice 150E to this ... :?: :cry:
Adam87
Bronze Member
Drives: T5.2

Post by Adam87 »

Maybe cluster can be flashed? I don’t know I have never looked at citigo cluster
danikd
Getting There!

Post by danikd »

Dont know, how can i test it if it support? In adaptations?
Citigo/up!/Mii never ahs this units ... only new electr. citigo will have front camera, but cluster will have different SW :(
Adam87
Bronze Member
Drives: T5.2

Post by Adam87 »

danikd wrote:Dont know, how can i test it if it support? In adaptations?
Citigo/up!/Mii never ahs this units ... only new electr. citigo will have front camera, but cluster will have different SW :(
What is the HW of the cluster?