Crashed my polo HELP!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
LawrenceDGraham
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2016

Crashed my polo HELP!

Post by LawrenceDGraham »

I've just crashed my polo gti 6c tonight and can't find for the love of god a bumper for it so I've seen this WRC aftermarket one https://ebay.us/hEzmGO
Will it fit with out any bother just it looks a bit wide on the wings or should it just be bolt on. And will them little fog lights put a light on the dash or should be all good.

And if anyone knows of a decent bumper going for a decent price hit me up.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Crashed my polo HELP!

Post by iichel »

if you want a decent bumper, stay away from aftermarket stuff
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Here’s one, which looks as if it just has some minor scuff marks on the nearside. These could be sorted when it’s sprayed (black?) to match your car. If your car’s got parking sensors, holes will need to be cut to fit the sensors in.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273609734345 ... noapp=true

As iichel has said, avoid the aftermarket ones which may be poor quality and may not be a good fit - it could leave you with uneven panel gaps where the bumper meets the front wings. Even if it bolts straight on, looking at the picture, it doesn’t accommodate the GTI’s headlamp washers. Also, in the picture of the blue Polo in the link you posted there’s no depression in the upper middle section of that bumper for the VW grille emblem to fit into, although the pictures of the grey primered version does have the depression in in the middle to accommodate the VW emblem. You may get a ‘bulb out’ error message, as your car has static cornering lights and that bumper doesn’t accommodate them without modifying it.

Stick with the OEM bumper as it’ll be a straight bolt on replacement.
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

I'd also recommend a original bumper, try to find one used.

The aftermarket bumper in the link in the first post is not a WRC bumper, the WRC bumper looks completely different. The one in the link is a Polo bumper that is designed to look like the mk6 Golf R/Scirocco R bumper. Not only is is an aftermarket bumper, but there is no OEM bumper that looks like that that they could have copied, so the fitment is likely not good. Plus it doesn't have the openings for headlight washers.

On top of that, the beam behind the bumper has different part numbers for Polo 6R and 6C meaning there might be some differences in geometry, so I strongly recommend going for an original 6C bumper.
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

Polo 6R bumpers fit into 6C, but don't buy aftermarket, only OEM! :wink: