Battery drain problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
maxym
New
Drives: 6R

Battery drain problem

Post by maxym »

Hi. Recently I retrofited my Polo 6R with RCD510 and BT module(3C8 035 730 B). My polo doesn't have MFA display sa BT module was paired with phone in another car and then transferred to my Polo :D Everything is working just fine but today I replaced the car battery with a new one(YUASA YBX5012) and after measuring power drain on a locked car(with alarm on) it turns out that I have battery drain problem :? When BT module is connected it drains around 270-300mA from the battery. When I disconnect the module power consumtion goes as low as roughly 90mA which I guess is pretty standard.

Maybe u guys will have any idea what is wrong :cry:

Parts:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Battery drain problem

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd guess that when fitted into a car correctly, that BT unit will get "sent to sleep" when the car engine has been switched off and some time, maybe 10 > 20 minutes has passed.

How you achieve that in your car I don't know, but powering that BT unit from an ignition controlled power source might help.
maxym
New
Drives: 6R

Post by maxym »

Problem solved. It turned out that bluetooth module just need couple minutes more to get into sleep mode :D I didn't count but I would say 5min or so. After that time power drain drops down to 80-100mA so excatly the same level as without BT module at all.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

That's better!